1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tameable Tigers?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Frarc, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Are we going to get tameable tigers please? :D

I want a white one. :)

2. pumpkin_escobar

pumpkin_escobar Journeyman

3. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

I'll take a Void colored one :)

4. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Only if they're slightly less durable than Bouras get pack damage & only take one follower slot, add a new tameable ride, and new pack damage pets *knockout two birds with one.... 'cat' so to speak*.

5. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Oh no... Siegfried and Roy are back!

whiterabbit likes this.
  6. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Meanwhile in an alternate universe, rideable fighting tigers already exist. Dragons have different forms and colors and even have AI that doesn`t allow them to run off and make their own decisions. After exploring said universes I can concur that this game is and has been on relative maintenance mode for a very long time.

I see more change and improvements with one GM and one Dev (an old official dev) and it happens ALOT faster. I won`t even mention how it IS possible to make the 2d postage stamp game screen resizable to accomodate the biggest of monitors.

So good luck on gettin tigers! Maybe by the 20 year anni it might be considered. ;)

7. RockoNV

RockoNV Seasoned Veteran
    Alumni UOS

It is possible to resize a 2d postage stamp game screen? Huh, imagine that.

8. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Hehe,that was the first thing that came to my mind after i posted this that would be a reaction. ;)

I would go for 5 different colors. And make them each 100% resist in that damage type.

White would be 100% resist too cold, Orange would be 100% resist to fire.. But what would we do with the other resist if we want to keep their looks natural? :)
    Then again this is a fantasy world and you would not be surprised by a green tiger. :D

9. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

fantasy world?

10. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

And the green tigers have to have a battle mode where they get bigger and tougher when you yell a specific phrase.

11. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Only If you have the right Sword! ;)

Hinotori likes this.
  12. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just out of curiosity, but wouldn't a tameable tiger void the meaning of the 16th Vet Reward rideable tiger and make it like for that year no Veteran Reward was released ?

Not to mention, that while the Vet Reward tiger cannot be used to fight, a tameable tiger would be even better since it would also have the plus that it could be used to fight, with variable effectiveness, depending on the stats/skills.

13. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Hm. So right now there are three unique ethereal mounts, the Polar Bear, the Boura, and the Charger of the Fallen. The other 11 were all made after the tameable version was released. The tiger would make it four unique ethereals.

The way they kept talking about "new mount," I really did think they were making a counter argument to the Cu Sidhe. If they made a tameable tiger after the fact, it would be the first time they have released a unique ethereal only to then make a tameable of it as well.

Strangely enough, I don't recall many people asking for tameable Polar Bears after the fact. I've seen people ask for Cows, Bulls, Great Harts, and of course horse armor. Hm. Well, the Charger of the Fallen was an event-specific ethereal, so it made sense to be unique (until they began selling it for cash). The Polar Bear was a fun veteran reward, something rather unique at the time. The tiger, likewise, is rather unique. Looks like a bengal tiger. The distinction, of course, is there have been polar bears in the game since at least T2A. I feel like it's kind of a waste to not use the tiger art assets in the same jungles as jaguars and the like. Maybe they don't necessarily have to be tameable, but I say use them.

14. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

While we're asking, can I have tameable bison? They can wander the wide open empty places in the Lost Lands, grazing. Oh and I'd still love a tameable rideable pegasus that lets us cross gargoyle flight paths.

15. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Well as far as my ethereals go, they retain 'meaning' for me just fine even if there are also rideable horses, llamas, ki-rin, beetles, unicorns, hiryu and whatever else available to tame, or buy from NPCs.....

It really doesn't matter at all since they are different things, one is a blessed statue as well as being a mount, the others are rideable pets.

16. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sure the tiger eth is unique. They screwed the pooch making eths ribable by anyone. Lets get noods buying gold to buy a tiger for more then deco.

As long as the tame tigers do not come in the same color as the eth. Just be another slap in the face of a vet wasting a choice on a reward that any Tom, **** or Harry can use. The polar bear was great that first year. Vet accounts stood out at the WBB hang just by their ride. There needs to be vet rewards that that make a character stand out besides a bunch of shields hanging on a wall.

Captn Norrington likes this.
  17. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

All vet robes/cloaks should be redone to have mods like robes in blackthorn minus the hooded and Epaulette art..maybe some cool reward only colors only obtainable by vet status.

1-15 yr same color
    16- platinum
    17- blaze
    18- glacial
    Two variation robes
    5hci
    2mr
    Or
    5dci
    2mr
    2 variation cloaks
    3 sdi
    Random 5% eater
    4int bonus
    Or
    5 dci or 5hci - random
    Lmc4 or lrc5 -random
    5% ssi

Useful and Collectable

All current robes/cloaks stay the same..but may turn in 3 to claim a new one..

And it'll make your current collection rare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Epaulette art vet reward when picked it's color is beased off the age of the account when picked. Cannot be dyed. When a character logs in wearing the vet Epaulette OR when first worn by a character that day random mods are generated. The number of mods is based off the age of the character wearing them. Those mods are locked in untill server refresh. Cazador has a good list and skills could also be on that mod list. Mining or fishing comes up might decide the days activities.

Captn Norrington likes this.