1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tamer and guards in conflict?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Olahorand, May 19, 2008.

1. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Invasion. So well. The tamer is swinging his bola and leading that angry war horse away biting him in the backside again and again. Somehow he manages to survive the attacks of the beast.
    After a while both - the tamer and the horse - are already tired from the procedure and then - out of the nowhere - a guard decides to execute the horse.
    Happened more than one time.

But the harshest kind of guard interception:
    Tamer finally succeeds, but horse is still grey to him.
    All follow me!
    All guard me!
    Wooommmmmm!
    Horse gone, guard there.

Either they should ignore all monster activities or do it with consitency.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

2. Like the spawn, the guards are union too.

There's really no recourse but to file a grievance, then watch as nothing is done to the guard in question since his brother is the shop foreman.

3. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

LOL every time i hear this story i laugh.

Whats wrong with taming it and jumping on it and taking it oh i dont know... to your house maybe and then making it do what you want?

4. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Really.. isn't this what you get for saying "guard" around a grey creature while in a city?

5. HeathBar

HeathBar Guest

That happened to me the first time I tamed one. Someone ran by and said guards right after I had tamed it and didn't have time to mount. Just another "undocumented feature" of UO that we have to live with.

6. Revenant2

Revenant2 Guest

Yes there's something not right about this.

The guards are also whacking some of the Vanguard's summons. They may spawn grey and then if you say guards, it gets smashed.

If you tame a dread warhorse, you will absolutely want any macro with 'guards' on it to be seperate from any follow macro. No matter what you think it's color highlighting is (grey, blue), you'll wanna get on it right away so that no matter what it can't be guardwhacked by a miscellaneous NPC guard call or the words of another player. The pet sometimes appears colored grey for a good while.

I also saw this while taming cu sidhes last night. The dogs stayed grey sometimes after you'd tamed them. It's pretty recent and given the guardwhackability observed in the invasions, it's clearly a real, serverside flagging problem, not a client highlighting deal.

7. packrat

packrat Guest

I noticed the guards whacking some of the spawn also. I was doing the spawn with my bard and right when they spawned I hit the wrong key (bank, guards) instead of my peace key and half the spawn got guard whacked. A lich spawned right next to me and I noticed it was gray as it got whacked.

8. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Today I tamed a war horse, which was a keeper. It was blue, I went two steps to mount it, in that moment a guard came and liquidated my tame.
    Verrrryyyy annoying!

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Those aren't summons - those are animates being created from the corpses of the dead, and Revenants from Vengeful Spirit(that die the second they pop into a guard zone).