1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tamer/Bard templates

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by inareverie85, Oct 18, 2009.

1. inareverie85

inareverie85 Guest

A few weeks ago, I returned to the game after being gone for nearly five years. I always had a basic tamer/mage template, but I would love to try a tamer/bard so that I can solo bigger baddies :)

I remember that five years ago, Peace Tamers were all the rage, but I am seeing more Discord Tamers now. Peacing is way easier to 120, but I would like to know if Discord proves more effective.

Opinions?

2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd certainly recommend disco over peace. Don't get me wrong, peace is handy, but if I wanted to use it on my bard tamer it would be on a soulstone most of the time. Handy to stone onto a char for a taming trip or rescue mission, but for general hunting and pet training I'd always go for disco. Especially for the tougher critters in UO.

If you haven't committed to training either, you may want to try them out on test center and see how they handle in practice.

Wenchy

3. ejpeters

ejpeters Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Discord is much better than peace. I have a discord tamer and a peace tamer and my discord tamer is used twice as much as my peace tamer.
    I am actually thinking of making my peace/tamer a mage/tamer and stoning the peace and music or finishing provoking and using that instead of peace.

4. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Disco increases damage received and decreases damage dished out by up to 28%.
    And as Wenchy mentioned, Disco is invaluable for training your pets.

5. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Read it as, keep peace.
    Train disco, soulstone peace/disco as needed.
    U might need peacemaking some day.
    I find it handy to have all 3 barding skills on stones.
    Provo is actually quite fun on a tamer from time to time.

6. Seismic

Seismic Guest

Agreed 100%

7. [JD]

[JD] Guest

I've never been a stoner before..
    How does one soulstone a skill?
    Can all skills be soulstoned?
    Will the FBI raid me if I become a soulstoner?