1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tamer Bow

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Smoot, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I dont play my tamer much, but have had archery on the character for a long time, (yes i was a dismount ninja archer a few years ago) Anyway, i kept archery on, mainly because i had looted some really nice sc no neg bows with hit manna leech and spell.

Now, with imbuing you can make anything you want, so my question is if having hit lower attack or hit lower defense on a bow make much difference in fights. Also deciding if i should take archery off and make the bow mage weapon but then id have one less mod, or put 70 tactics on for a secondary special.

Mainly im just asking about the hld hla and its usefulness in high end fights pvm fights.

2. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I would think it might depend on what your hunting. Debuffing big game with a bow would definately increase the killing speed of your pet. If you still have ninjutsu on your template. Hit Lower Defense, & Hit Lower Attack + Focused attack could be a beatufil thing.

However if your doing a spawn maybe not so much. Untill the boss monster comes out.

3. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks. Thats kinda what i was thinking but didnt know if it would be worth it. I know ill lose some spell power, but it will give me more defense for the actual character, as well as mana (if i decide to put the leech on the bow) Its easier to have the needed hit now with the new gear system.

4. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie

Disco+Bow with HLD/HLA+Pets

Now that could be fun. To bad it would need to many skill points.

5. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Disco Tame Arch why not??

:pancakes:

Music - 105 - 120 with Imbued Jewelry
    Disco - 105 - 120 with Imbued Jewelry
    Tame - 105 - 120 with Imbued Jewelry
    Lore - 110 - As is for Control
    Arch - 100 - 120 wiht Hunters Hedress
    Tactics - 120 - As is
    Chiv - 65 - as is

Total - 710 use the other ten weherever you want

I would use chive to heal pets when needed and pots for yourself This is of course strictly for Champs / Peerlesses the lower spawn might (might) cause issues but you can tweak weapons and stuff to handle them. Very Very Offensive very very little defense??

6. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie

There is another way to do it for a PvM tamer.

Bow
    -20 Mage Weapon
    SC -1
    HLD
    HLA
    DI (would prefer velocity)

Could Debuff via discord & bow.

7. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

To answer this question, I believe they are both pretty useless in PvM, as each property only reduces the targets HCI or DCI by 25 points. Under Discord, your pets are probably not missing anyway. And there is the little issue of HLD and HLA not being able to both be in effect at the same time on a target, unless this has changed.

Go with Hit Velocity and Hit fireball or Lighting instead, for more damage overall.

8. [JD]

[JD] Guest

go with mace and shield. with 30% it wont go off all the time but it will save you a mod on your bow.