1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tamer love in future?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by lancelot99, Sep 29, 2012.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Tired of being out damaged by sampires,throwers and even mystic mages ...

GDs are great tanks but their damage output sucks compared to other templates :rant2:

(ofcourse, if we do get a better pet, the pvp community will go apecake over it with complaints)

2. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Personally I would like to see some pet customizations. I.e. item slots for pets. 3 would be cool:

1 Claws/Talons augmentation slot: can have items with stats like a weapon (no base damage or swingspeed, just the same possible item properties and intensities like on weapons)
    1 Neck chain/Collar slot: can have items with stats like jewelry (+skill bonus should not exceed the cap)
    1 Body armament/barding slot: can have items with stats like armor (+resists should not exceed the cap)

The new items for these slots could be made by craftting, i.e. blacksmith, tailor, tinker, artificer, etc...

That would not only beef up existing pets but also add more depth....

Samaira, Sept and DJAd like this.
  3. Montie1123

Montie1123 Journeyman

Now that is an idea i like, hell swampdrags get barding armor why not other things?

4. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

At the anniversary party in Fairfax, Mesanna mentioned some tamer updates on the dev team's wish list. There was, of course, no promise of implementation or any timeline, but I was very glad to see how many tamer-related things made the list - consideration of stable slots, new tameables, and what Mesanna referred to as "tasteful" color hues for various pets/monsters. I'm hoping taming will get some love sooner rather than later! It's definitely on the dev team's radar.

5. Montie1123

Montie1123 Journeyman

Nice, glad there at least thinking about tamers. New pets would rock. I would like something along the GD just not a dragon lol. I need something to add some spice to it!