1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Tamer/Mage or Necro/Mage ?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Guest, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all.

Gonna post this on the necro forums too.

I'm looking for mainly PvM with some PvP in the future. I got my Mage semi done with 80+ magery. So for my mage part i got magery, medi, eval & resist.

I started off with 50 taming. But i find taming a chore to raise. Currently taming polar bears near Deceit. At 52.x skill currently.

The lure of necromancy seems likes its easier to raise.

So tame, lore & vet OR necro, SS & weapon skill?

Whats the advantage for both templates ?

(Note i played UO many yeas ago during Lord Blackthorns revenge for like 2 months. Just came back into UOKR/Mordain's)

2. Tulianya

Tulianya Guest

As I mentioned in your other posting, I am interested in making a Necro/Tamer, which is something I am not sure of as I have never done the necro skill before.

3. tamer/mage is viable in both pvp and pvm.

necro mage is also viable in both pvp and pvm. Generally in pvm, necro/mage excels at champ spawns. tamer/mage excels at dps
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, thanks for the info.

Is weapon skills important for a Necro/Mage ? Since I would have 1 left over skill.

100 Magery
    100 Medi
    100 Resist
    100 Eval
    100 Necro
    100 SS
    100 ?? (Weapon Skill or Anatomy or Wrestling)?

5. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Go 120 with the last 100 points and use a staff of the maji. 0 mage weapon means at 120 magery you are 120 macing. Never forget the "free" skills!