1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tamers if you pet is retargetting, dont forget to submitt your bug report

Discussion in 'UHall' started by weins201, Jun 15, 2012.

1. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i JUST SPENT TEN MINUTES WIGHTING WITH MY BEETLE MARE COMBO AND HAD TO RECCOMAND THE MARE EVERY 20 SECONDS TO RE ATTACK THE TARGET.

YES I SUBMITTED MY REPORT.

2. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I take it this is the thing where if a pet is aggro'd by an enemy before you command it to attack a different enemy, it will just keep fighting the enemy that attacked it. And then if you re-command your pet to attack the thing you actually want it to attack, it switches to face it for about 1-2 seconds, hits it maybe once (or swings and misses), and then immediately goes back to doing and attacking whatever the **** it wants?

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Yes. Only it's also where that 2nd enemy that distracts your pet from the target is behind a wall out of sight with no open path to even get to your pet... so your pet sits there banging it's head against the wall trying to get to the unreachable monster while the real target is killing you or beating on your pet's butt. It is frustrating...

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  4. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It happens alot at Dreadhorn, pet's get distracted by the spawn in the swamp.

Sevin0oo0 and weins201 like this.
  5. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes and I am hoping you are filing bug reports so we can get it brought to the attention again and fixed.

6. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Is it a bug or something intended? Hear me out. There are many up sides to being a tamer. A GD basically gives the tamer a 1,000+ hp meat shield that also does decent damage.A mare,beetle combo has decent hp and excellent dps. Should there not be a down side to being a tamer? You want your pet to be so obedient to your commands as it might as well be a sword in your hand? All the while you benefit from their hp's an mana pools? Yeah,that's fair.

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think there are two slightly different issues here. A pet retargetting on something that's hitting it - I can understand that. Heck I wouldn't be willing to keep ignoring something that's hitting me either. The other is Line of Sight. If a mob has no line of sight to your pet, it shouldn't be aggroing on it.

8. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I hate line-of-sight too but there are always work arounds. For my caster-dispell and recast. For the tamer- "all stop. all follow me. all kill" and retarget the desired target. It just comes across to me that the OP wants "all kill" and forget.

9. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

H
    Humm yes I am a NOOB tamer adn dont know how to command my pet. I used EVERY way Possile From Direct Named Commands to stop, follow, kill and every way in between. Every time ended with the same results. The second pet aka the one not taking direct damage had to be recommanded about ecery 20 seconds. Even happrn with another tamer or when the targets are provoked onto eachother.

What I want is the way it should be when you command your pet to attack a certaisn target and they shouold stay on it.

This was adressed and fixed ages ago but has since reverted.

If you are having problem just submitt your bug report so we can get it corrected again.