1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Tamers in new dungeon?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by lancelot99, Oct 25, 2011.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

How do tamers fare in the new dungeon?

i have a sampire (work in progress) but love my tamer...

Since you can't use petballs, youre limited to Cu's? or nightmares/dreads?

is it all for sampires?

just, i feel like taking a look around, but a tad sceptical... i don't want to die in 5 seconds :)

any advice?
  2. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

Oct 21, 2010
    Don't worry. As a tamer you will do just fine in most places. With a Cu Sidhe, with a Greater Dragon, with a Nightmare and a Rune Beetle, lots of options. You might want to wait before you visit Mrs Medusa. You might want to not visit the Stygian Dragon. Go in and find out.
  3. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Cheers :) i'll do that this morning
  4. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Oct 12, 2011
    Just hear-say, but I've heard many ppl say that the Stygian Dragon destroys most pets, even greater dragons.
  5. pgib

pgib Guest

The slasher of veils is designed as an anti-tamer pet (1 blow and your pet is down to 30% hp and you can't vet it because of target switch-area damage and so on): i haven't found a way to approach it really.

The stygian dragon can be "done", meaning that you can keep your pet alive and enter the loot: take the greater dragon (because of its resistance set) send it against the mob, let it deal two or three blows then call it back for healing. No more than two or three hits or it will be toasted.

You have to group with players that actually do the damage though (sampires, mages, archers, throwers... well pretty much anything else but a tamer nowadays).

Medusa can be soloed (i did it with a greater dragon because i'm a dragon addicted but you can use a cu sidhe too and probably other pets also) because she doesn't do that much damage, the only problem is that she is a target switcher and a distance poisoner so you must equip a high resistance suite and be quick to heal-hide yourself. Always kill the copies of the pet when they spawn.

The rest of the dungeon is made to be soloed by any type of adventurer so you won't have any serious problem (pay attention e to target switchers though).