1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Taming a giant beetle with 38 skill?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Seismic, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Seismic

Seismic Guest

UOGuide and Stratics guides say it IS possible to tame a giant beetle (once beaten into subjegation) with only 29.1 skill.

I have 38 skill on a non-tamer char (10 base, 28 with jewelry) and I couldn't tame one for 15-20 minutes last night!

I need one really bad!!! Is it even possible to tame @ 38?! Or am I wasting my time?

2. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

possible, i tamed with similar amount of skill.

3. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

If u really need one hard, why don't you buy it from real tamer? it takes them around 5 minutes to tame, including running to spot.

4. Amgedpha

Amgedpha Guest

It is possible to tame a giant beetle at 38 taming, but you only have 18% chance to tame it successfully. Plus you have a screwy RNG, so it is likely that it would take a while to tame one.

Anyway, it is a lot faster getting a tamer to tame one for you. On most shards, beetles only cost 5k. Sometimes people give them out for free.

5. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You have to beat the beetles into submission first. Don't forget that important step. But yeah, you can tame them with little skill. The closer it is to that 29.1 level though, the more tries it will take to succeed.

6. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Can a beetle leave the 'submission'-mode? I mean by regenerating its hps if someone needs too long for taming it? Could be a problem with very low skill. *g*

7. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Yes, they regain health very fast and at certain point u will have to beat it again.

8. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My crafters always tame their own, so it's certainly do-able. I would suggest training with an NPC then adding jewellery, then you can flush the taming off with a soulstone.

You can sometimes have a bug that regens health and requires further subjudication, but as long as you're careful not to overdo the second subjudication *cough* then you'll be fine.

Wenchy

9. colibri

colibri Visitor

Hello.
    I'm from Europa shard and i'm newbie. I'm training blacksmith and mining and i really want a giant beetle to help me in my tasks but i can't tame it alone.

Someone can help me?
    thank you in advance.

10. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ask for a tamer in global chat, that generally works on europa! ;)

11. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you ask nicely they might also tame you a fire beetle.