1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Taming CU's?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Smokes To Much, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Ok decided to take a break from my GD search and work on finding a better Cu.

So whats the best way to get one? Do you tame them and take them out to get a new one to spawn or just kill them?

Any other tips or advice?

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

As soon as you tame one a new one spwans. I release the one I tamed and kill it. But I don't care about negative karma, some folks do *shrugs*

3. I usually don't either, but I also don't need to be ganked by the dozen pixies, etc floating around that place ;)

4. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Release it and kill it? First that would take too long for me also I like my positive karma.

I just discord the new tame and order it to kill another cu. The pet is dead within seconds and since it's my pet i don't loose any karma.

5. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Nah. Can kill a Cu with one explosion, three flamstrikes and on occasion it takes a fireball to finish it off lol.

6. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I used to just disco/provo them all on each other and churn the spawn that way. Always got looks from others when they found me with a pup riot underway. It was handy if you had a para pup to voke onto, not to mention the changelings etc round there. Not maybe as fast as some of the fancy templates, but she was able to work the spawn and tame her own pups, and kill the paras solo. Not as troublesome as they used to be, but when I was using her all the time, folks often left 4 para pups so it was handy being able to disco then voke them on each other...and fun!

It does pretty bad things to your karma, though I'd kill changelings etc as much as I could while I was there, keep the karma going for as long as I could :D I alternated between a blast of killing a lot of pups and killing the balrons with my GD. Generates lots of gold and a fully trained GD as well as nice coloured/good stat pups. Oh and bard/taming gains were good too. Got gains on the ballies as well as the pups. Also, I never ran out of bandages!

Wenchy