1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Taming from 50-80

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Turdnugget, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

About how long does it take to get from 50-80 taming?

Thinking about possibly making another tamer, just want to know about how long it'll take?

Thanks =)
  2. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 10, 2008
    You can do that in 4 or 5 days. Several hours a night, taming the right stuff will get you there.

There are several site, or charts that you can use to determine "the right stuff". Polar bears are prime from around 55 to 65, that is frersh, new Polar bears.
  3. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Is it best to lock Animal Lore at 0 to train taming or what?
  4. guum

guum Guest

I think 4-5 days is pretty optimistic, unless you have a very high tolerance for tedium and can work on taming 6+ hours a day. I just hit 80 from 50 and I've been working on my tamer for 3 months. Admittedly, I've taken 2-3 weeks off at a time now and then, but it's a very slow process, even at that level.
  5. Moonwynd

Moonwynd Guest

Well, I'm currently training my new tamer, Cera Silversteed and personally, I wouldn't lock lore. According to the taming chart it doesn't seem to matter about how high the lore is. If you set lore at 0 or 120, it still gives the same numbers for what you can tame for first tames. You need lore for vet and loyalty though and when you get enough taming skill to tame a pack of frienzieds, your gonna want to have your lore high enough to control them and vet high enough to keep them all healed.
  6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    The first time both times I did it, 50-80 took about 2 weeks.
    From 50-65, I tamed polar bears.
    From 65-80, I tamed great harts.
    And I only tamed for an hour or two every day. Training is excruciatingly dull for me.
  7. Took me five days to get from 50 to 80 but that was 60 hours a day.. from 50 to 65 was polar bears.. 65 to 73 was brown bears..73 to 80 I tamed snow leopards.