1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Taming gains?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by mookin1, Jan 30, 2008.

1. mookin1

mookin1 Guest

What is the best stuff to tame? Creatures that you have a 50% chance to tame? I'm taming bulls at 85 skill and i've only had 0.1 gain in half an hour. I have a ring to boost my taming by 6 to 91 but i'm not currently wearing it as I was taming the bulls to quickly and never gaining.
  2. mookin1

mookin1 Guest

Meanwhile animal lore is constantly going up and taming just won't budge.
  3. frodofeet

frodofeet Guest

Yeah, Animal Lore will keep going up if you just use it, but Taming will only go up on a successful tame. That's why you can expect to hit GM Lore well before you get GM Taming, this is normal.

At 85 skill the best animals to tame are:

Alligator, Scorpion, Black Bear, Polar Bear, Walrus, Great Hart, Snake, Giant Spider, Grizzly Bear, Panther, Snow Leopard, White Wolf, Bull, Hellcat (Small), Frenzied Ostard, Giant Toad, Mongbat (Strong), Frost Spider, Lava Lizard, Savage Ridgeback, Imp,, Hell Hound, Dire Wolf, Hellcat (Large).

Bulls are fine, but I found I had quicker gains by going to Dagger Isle (Ice Island) and taming White Wolves & Snow Leopards, simply because there are so many of them, and there are very few hostile monsters to get in the way [​IMG]
  4. It's probably worth your while to repeatedly create new chars in KR and do the champion quest until you get a skill trainer statuette...

I find that the skill trainer statuette does wonders for letting you know what you should be doing at any given point during your training. I just wish they had made the only reward for defeating the champion be the statuette. The other 2 rewards are garbage.