1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Taming Sampire or Warrior...possible?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by ultima77, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ultima77

ultima77 Guest

Anyone run this template? Is it effective? If so, what are some template examples? Thanks!

2. Ganesh89

Ganesh89 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

check the tamer archer in the taming forum....:)

3. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Taming Sampire.... well with the bush you can control a lesser hiryu. There is the old standby of taming archer, but it is POSSIBLE to swap out archery for another weapon skill. I emphasize possible because its a terrible idea. I would run taming, lore, vet, weapon, tactics, and anatomy and chiv.

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I tested a few versions of tamer/warrior/necromancer hybrids a few years back.

Here was my template:
    90 taming
    90 lore
    90 vet
    100 necromancy
    120 swords
    100 tactics
    80 chivalry
    50 anatomy

The skills could certainly be fine tuned a lot... I was just messing around when I tried this template.

The results:
    With a pack of hell hounds, if I attacked anything first it died quickly. It was even good for things like key collecting in Bedlam, but I had to frequenly ressurect my hell hounds if Sir Patrick re-targetted after an area effect. But for gold collecting (i.e. Miasma), it was the fastest kills I had seen in UO.

With a rune beetle/bake kitsune combination, things still died quickly, and even area-effect creatures couldn't stop me. It was still difficult to keep my pets alive against area-effect using opponents. Peerless was possible, but difficult.

So I went back to the easier "standard" version of the Sampire, and back to the mage-tamer.

5. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Farsight what sort of gear were you using for that?

6. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I did something similar to what Farsight did, but I had lower taming / lore and used Frenzied Ostards.

DPS is unmatched by anything else and sampire can tank the damage easily.

Only problem is anything with an area effect kills the ostards quickly because their HP is low and resists are poor.

7. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Just junk I had laying about... nothing special.

It was pre-imbuing, all 70's with HCI and DCI thrown in. I don't even think I had HPI or extra stats.

8. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Owww thank you I am going to take a look at trying that. Sadly now I have to work up taming but still that should be fun. Thanks.

9. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

One fun thing to do is if you have 2 accounts, or a friend that has taming, is use your sampire to tank Rikktor. Once you have all the aggro, have your buddy put 5 frenzied ostards on it.

They hit so fast (even though dmg isn't uber) that it disrupts Rikki from ever Earthquaking. Works best if you have HLD going off and ozzies are fully trained.

10. ultima77

ultima77 Guest

Here's template/suit I'm currently creating...

110 Taming
    110 Lore
    100 Vet
    120 Fencing
    100 Tactics
    100 Chiv
    100 Necro
    50 Bushido (for Feint)

My suit I'm building would give me 70/70/70/70/75; 45% DCI; 40% HCI; 130 HPs; 150 stamina; 50+ mana; 20% LMC; +10% Swing Speed (Animated Legs); 30% HLD (Mace and Shield). Not amazing, but I have to sacrifice a bit to fit all the stats skils in.

I would use a imbued leafblad with 40%+ HLA.

The strategy would be to send in my Greater Dragon, then follow-up attack with my leafblade using feint to significantly reduce damage.

Of course, the alternative would be to drop Bushido, go with Swords and dump the extra points into something like Spirit Speak for Curse Weapon.

Thoughts? Am I missing anything?

11. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Feint will only reduce the damage done to you, not your greater dragon. If the greater dragon has all the aggro you won't need necro. If you have all the aggro you will not have parry or armored swamp dragon to reduce the damage to yourself. You won't be able to chain Feint/AI with that suit either.

What are you planning to use this character for? It sounds fun for the possibility of teaming with a rune beetle while riding swamp dragon, or sending in rune beetle + nightmare/bake after you get aggro.

12. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You did miss something. With that build/suit a single feint is 24 mana and only reduces damage to you.
    Also damage reduction from feint does depend on bushido/ninjitsu skill level, you can tell by looking at the new buff icons.