1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Magery] Tank Mage for pvm and pvp

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Mairut, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Mairut

Mairut Guest

I need help with a template...
    My playstyle: If I can whack it with a sword, do that and throw bolt or flamestrike a couple of times. If its harder to fight or a mage itself, throw evs and some spells at it until i run out of mana and then whack it a few times with a sword or run until I get mana back up.
    ....I was looking to make a tank mage with swords when I first started.
    Unfortunately, there seem to be too many things you need to make swords really effective.
    I had:
    GM Magery
    50 Resist
    GM Eval
    GM Med
    GM Swords
    50 Parry
    GM Anat
    GM Tactics
    700pts capped

Plus whatever jewls I could find to give extra defense increases.
    Using Swords of Prosperity, and almost 70s with 100%+ LRC, and med jewls.
    My stats: 90str 60dex 85int
    If anyone can think of a way to make this better, I would be grateful. I seem to have issues in staying alive in general and fighting titans for example.

If not, what about this:
    50 Chiv/50 Wrestling
    and GM:
    Mage
    Resist
    Eval
    Med
    Bushido
    Parry
    (and I have no clue what my str/dex/int would be on this)
    Which would considerably cut down on my whacking things

Would either of these be effective for pvp?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help

2. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

120 magery
    120 eval
    120 resist
    100 med
    120 swords
    90 tactics
    50 chiv

3. Mairut

Mairut Guest

So you don 't really need anat and parry to improve swords?

4. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

parry is to block only...anatomy does nothing for weapon skill but add a little damage...weapon skill is ur defense together with dci...tactics gives u specials...u dont need that much damage in my opinion when u have 120 eval and can pound out spells for ur offense...this is why i dont understand your temp..to me a tank mage would seem like he's at a disadvantage...all i have to do is disarm u in pvp...and pvm why on earth wouldnt u take up necro and spellweaving for more effective damage overall...tank mages were the thing to do back in the day but i just dont see any effectivness now.

5. Mairut

Mairut Guest

I'll give necro and spellweaving a try then..

Thanks for the advice :)

6. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Tank mages are still effective if you know how to play them right, but they're not as useful or powerful as a necro mage and certainly lack the 1v1 ability of a tamer mage with a dreadmare. :p

7. Mairut

Mairut Guest

So maybe I could do necro instead of chiv...

Maybe I'll raise dex, and be a dexxer necro tank mage...:lick:
    (jk)

8. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Actually, I have a tank mage build that uses 60 necro for omen FS and to go into wraith form in chokes, not to mention the occassional pain spike. It's pretty effective.