1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tank Mage templates

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Sang, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Sang

Sang Guest

Heya,

Just wanted to see what kind of tank mages were out there, variations of templates with other skills. I'm thinking of going FENCING b/c of the fast weapons, and use of poison, although the butcher knife is definitely a seller for swordsmanship.

Cant decide on whether I should have 90 poison for DP fields and infecting OR 90 tact for wep specials, or BOTH.

120 Fencing
    90 Poison
    110 Mage
    120 Eval
    120 Resist
    100 Med

120 Fencing
    90 Tact
    110 Mage
    120 Eval
    120 Resist
    100 Med
    60 Chiv / Spellweaving / Anat

120 Fencing
    110 Mage
    120 Eval
    100 Resist
    90 Med
    90 Tact
    90 Poison

Any thoughts or ideas? Possible other secondary skills?

2. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

Tank mages have been severally nerfed recently. If you really want to try to put one together i'd go with the poisoning one. You have to really work on your timing because you can't "stack" special moves and spells any more.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

120 Fencing
    90 Poisoning
    110 Mage
    120 Eval
    120 Resist
    110 Med
    50 Chiv

Go with that. Ideally you'd want 120 magery and 80 poisoning though.

4. Fluffi

Fluffi Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

Heya,

Just wanted to see what kind of tank mages were out there, variations of templates with other skills. I'm thinking of going FENCING b/c of the fast weapons, and use of poison, although the butcher knife is definitely a seller for swordsmanship.

Cant decide on whether I should have 90 poison for DP fields and infecting OR 90 tact for wep specials, or BOTH.

Any thoughts or ideas? Possible other secondary skills?

[/ QUOTE ]

Swords weapons can also be effective, as the small, fast weapons have useful special moves (my mage PvPs as well as PvMing).

Mage 120
    Eval 110
    Resist 110
    Swords 110
    Medi 100
    Tactics 90
    Poison 80

DP'd / hit spell / DCI cleaver - bleed &amp; infect
    DP'd / leech / hit spell knife - infect &amp; disarm