1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Target self: Target cannot be seen bug

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Kotan, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    This bug has been around for a long time. For example, when you are in a jungle terrain or rough terrain, sometimes when you target your self with chain lighting or meteor swarm it says "target cannot be seen". Which can be problematic if you needed those little guys around you to die.
  2. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    These spels are designed to do ALOT of damage not to be used to target yourself, and kill or hit monsters around you.

This is abused in PvP to hit / find stealthers and therefore any chance at targeting yourself with these spells should be removed all together.

If oyu need to target monster arond you use the targeting system and get the bar of the closest enemy.
  3. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    Happens to arch cure as well, esp on uneven terrains.

Since it works on flat terrain, I'm guessing that it's a z-axis bug. Would be nice if the devs can take a look.
  4. Splup

Splup Guest

I have noticed the same with arch cure, pretty frustrating sometimes.
  5. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Abused? I wouldn't say that.
    It seems these are intended to hit the area they are targetting, no 'abuse' about it.

I use it all the time to hit guys around me, or target a dexer ally that is covered in spawn. Seems legit to me.

As for not being able to target self, this hasn't happened to me.
  6. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

This has been around for awhile. I figured it's a minor bug and can be quite annoying at times, but I'd rather they focus on bigger things TBH.
  7. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 13, 2002
    Yes, arch cure seems to be the one that always fails on target self. Esp in the Tok spawn area it happens alot to me. It does suck