1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Targeting macros

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Traumatized, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Traumatized

Traumatized Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Ive got a sampire that ive built for doing champ spawns. Im using CC, and the current targeting macro im using is:
    -Select Nearest (mobile)
    -Secondary Ability
    -Attack selected target

At a spawn, I can run in the middle of 15 mobs, having atleast 4 or 5 within 2 tiles of me, and 90% of the time I get a "No mobiles on screen" message. If I spam this macro it will sometimes detect and attack. Ive tried adding delays in there, this is the only combination that seems to work sometimes.

Anyone have any tips on fixing this, or anyone care to post their macro would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    -Tyler

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. skaven

skaven Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Cannot really help with this as i am using EC client now, but back in the days when i used CC i remember that Select Nearest Mobile sometimes would select corpses and mess up. Do you use UOAssist? From what i remember, its targeting ability is better.

3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Why don't you use EC? It's much better... especially with Pinco's UI.

My macro is more difficult. It keeps on CW and Confidence as well.

4. Traumatized

Traumatized Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

The EC kind of really ugly lol, but I may have to use it for this char apparently :( I do use Uo assist, but I dont see a way to create a macro for this with it.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

What do you mean by ugly? I think the classic seriously needs an update. The game window is only 800x600 and is like a postage stamp on modern screen resolutions. You can see way more with the EC, and you can zoom in etc.

6. Traumatized

Traumatized Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

The graphics, the animals, the characters, all look horrible imo. Yea they do need to update the CC resolution and features, but I like the look of everything on the CC way more than EC. But im probably just used to it after staring at it for so long lol.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  7. sirdiealot

sirdiealot Visitor

i have uo assist too but it doesnt got an option for targeting monsters.Or do i miss something?

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  8. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

I am using Select Nearest Hostile, No Secondary Ability (I'd even have to ask what that is but I most probably don't need it).
    Doesn't work on monsters that are not yet hostile. I think Nu_Sair or Lynk (Did I remember your names correctly?) or maybe somebody totally different suggested doubleclicking your backpack in your paperdoll so you get all the attention you want as early as possible and your "Select Nearest Hostile" works sooner.

9. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Target Nearest Enemy