1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Targeting system?

Discussion in 'UO Drachenfels' started by Zandros, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Zandros

Zandros Guest

At the Shadowlord spawn there are sometimes like 25 dragons and 35 players. Now when this bad guy spawns i am having a lot trouble to get his healthbar up. Usually i use STRG-Shift to see all valid targets from where i drag the healthbar. But with like 60 blue targets i cant see the red one (maybe there are even some more reds like vortexes).

So i tried to use the ingame macros (i am using the 2D client). SelectNext was my choice. Chosing "Hostile" only works if i am the target of the shadowlord, which most likely i aint.

I if i select "Mobile" then i can cycle thru all of this 60 targets plus vortexes to get the shadowlord healthbar up. By the time i get it up he is usually dead.

What i am doing wrong? How you guys target the next grey/red attackable opponent. Is there any ingame macro i can use or a third party program (using uoassist right now)?
  2. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    I just click the name as he appears as much as I can and run into the crowd of dragons. I'm sure someone has an easier way of targetting than us.
  3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    I'm using the SA client. I set up the mouse wheel to scroll to change to next enemy target.
  4. Zandros

Zandros Guest

That's gonna be my next project: Switching to SA client. Maybe after SL event has finished. Until then i am busy trying to get one more mempo ... and with RL duties ... :bored:

Spawn location has changed now so that should help a bit. Furthermore i found a little workaround: After using CTRL-SHIFT its possible to right-click on those upcoming names. This closes the name-bar of the right-clicked "mobile". Do this where you think the SL stays and after a few clicks one can see the red SL bar. Dragging its healthbar up and target is easy then, even in lag.