1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Provocation] Targetting macro

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Seren Devonf, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Seren Devonf

Seren Devonf Guest

I am new to bard, and wondering what people use for targetting faster? I made a macro for use skill and last target but its not working well. What does everyone elses macro look like? Or if you manually target how do you bring up the target box so fast, cause I am slow as hell getting them up.

2. Krinkle

Krinkle Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 16, 2010
    2. wait for target
    3. last target

If you use 'wait for target' between those commands, it might help.
  3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

Sep 18, 2003
    are you talking for playing or for training?

cause for playing if im in the middle of a hot mess i just use the 'ctr' + 'shift' to pull up all the critters handles then i just pull the one i want.

as for training.... well i just pull the critters handle (bar)

for the most part i just target on the run.
    toggle skill, aim, hit the mob as it runs by.

i dont see why that would be hard, but then ive been doing it for 12 + years.

have you tryed using the 'select nearest hostile' or select nearest mobile' macros that UO has?

i use those on my warriors and they are good.
  4. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Dec 14, 2003

My mouse is a bit erratic and shaky. It's hartd to be precise with it when trying to target the small stuff.

In the enhanced client I have a button for nearest hostile and next hostile with my skills (and spells) set to target current.

So I just run by something, hit my nearest hostile button then hit my discord or provoke etc.. button.

If I don't have anything targeted I get the normal cursor when I use a skill.

Every once in a great while I'll forget about the 'target current' and things get interesting.

I am a Bard/Tamer and I have a macro set up for hunting that tells my pets to attack the current target.

Once while hunting with my hiryu I was ambushed by an efreet while I was looking over my paperdoll. I forgot to hit the 'nearest hostile' button first.
    I hit my attack macro oblivious to the fact that I was now the current target (from the paperdoll).

All I can say is I did a good job training my hiryu.
    If I hadn't been quick with the "All Stop" I would have been monochromed after the second bite :)
  5. Sinister703

Sinister703 Guest