1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Taxidermy Kits

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Calliope, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Calliope

Calliope Guest

Who sells these? I've tried all the tradesman I can think of and can't find one.

2. Did you try the tanners?
  3. meridus

meridus Guest

Yep Tanners at 10k gold.
  4. Calliope

Calliope Guest

Thankyou both!
  5. Radix

Radix Guest

anybody can use it? how it works?
  6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    Taxidermy Kits will allow for players to use corpses of certain creatures to create trophy deeds, which can be used within houses to generate a wall mounted trophy.

Taxidermy Kits will be found on NPC Tanners, usually found within “leather and hide” shops in towns. Only master and above carpenters can use the kit itself, as those without master or grandmaster status in carpentry will be unable to figure out the kit’s workings or purchase them. A master carpenter is defined by UO as a player with 90.1 or above base carpentry skill (base skill, visible by checkmarking selecting “show real” in the skill window).

The player will need the following items to create a trophy:

Taxidermy Kit
    10 boards
    corpse of either:
    Brown Bear
    Polar Bear
    Great Hart
    Big Fish (note that “big fish” that have been stacked with other fish will not be useable by the taxidermy kit)
    When a player with appropriate carpentry skill and materials double-clicks the taxidermy kit, they will get a targeting cursor. This cursor must be targeted on the corpse of the creature intended to be the trophy. The player will need to be at the corpse of one of these creatures to successfully use the taxidermy kit. The taxidermy kit will disappear upon successful usage, and a deed for a trophy will be placed within the player’s pack.

Any player attempting to place the trophy will need to have owner/co-owner status within the house. The trophy will need to be locked down to prevent decay or other players taking it. Double-clicking the trophy if it is not locked down will cause it to return to deed form in the player’s backpack.
  7. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 12, 2004
    Pretty sure its 100k, not 10k. At least that's what I paid last time I bougth one a few weeks ago.