1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

TBC Thrower viable template?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Obsidian, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Has anyone tested the concept of replacing Archery in an ABC Archer with Throwing and, obviously, using a gargoyle instead of an elf?

Would Connor's ABC Template be viable as a TBC Thrower?

120 Throwing
    120 Bushido
    115 Tactics
    100 Healing
    100 Anatomy
    90 Resisting Spells
    75 Chivalry

I just thought I would ask before I jumped into character building for a bad-idea template. I am thinking using a boomerang might be a little easier than having to keep resupplying arrows/bolts, but the 20 mana reduction might make it tough. Then again, flying is a bonus... bunch of pros and cons.

-OBSIDIAN-

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I tried it a little bit (a VERY little bit) in the open beta, and don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

You just have to keep in mind all the information about range, hit chance and damage modifications, etc.

And I never worried about the 20 mana reduction... but my ABC is human.

And you have to keep 6 or more stamina regeneration on your suit.

3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I tried it using a sampire template, the stam regen from vampiric embrace nulled the stam loss, but I just didn't like all the penalties that throwing had. Maybe it changed since I tried it, I don't know, but it was pretty weak IMO.