1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

TC1: Testing all town invasions (10/22/08)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Draconi, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Status and Feedback Thread​

Links: Original announcement

Invasions are live!
    There is a moongate from Luna to Britain, and then individual moongates to each of the cities in Britain.
    Britain's invasion is on the east side of town.

Britain: Victory (6:45PM)
    Skara Brae: Victory (5:30PM)
    Magincia: Victory (6:15PM)
    Minoc: Victory (6:30PM)
    Moonglow: Victory (6:15PM)
    Trinsic: Victory (6:00PM)
    Vesper: Victory (6:30PM)
    Yew: Victory (5:45PM)

Note: For the purposes of this test, capturing the sigils will not affect the invasions

---

Alright! We're done for this evening! Thanks to everyone who participated, and please leave your thoughts and issues below.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

3. Millie

Millie Guest

Please be careful in Jhelom . I was relocated there on my miner and was attacked by a Spectral Armor at the bank this morning.

4. Draconi

So what we're really saying here is no where is safe! Luna is looking more and more likely for a safety destination

5. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

Just let them all burn...

Speaking of which..

How are things going on those buring house's in Luna??? :flame:

6. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Luna should be the destroyed, never to be rebuilt, city. :gun:

7. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

the graphic for the crimson dragon in 2d looks AWESOME and the aoe is pretty cool as well.

8. Hello, looking interesting but having a gate in the archway at the luna bank is irritating. Could it be moved to the side. I ran in to get gold to tithed and was transported to britain. Oh well off to die with the brat

9. Mayadevi

Mayadevi Guest

So far so Cool Draconi !

The crimson dragon is awsome, the spawn was perfectly difficult as far as I am concerned... Erm...Could you move the gate in Luna to Britain,i's RIGHT where people run up the stairs to bank and *POOF* they are at an invasion instead of safe at the bank !

Thanks Bunches for all the hard work !

Mayadevi

10. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You got that right! I was shocked when I first saw it, Its lovely.

Attached Files:

11. Draconi

I think we're all, especially our dedicated art team, overjoyed to hear that!

12. Draconi

I did notice while watching Yew's fight that it wasn't wilding the dragons, and that the guard zones had popped back prematurely, making some attacks impossible. I'll look into these issues.

Otherwise, roar.

13. Mayadevi

Mayadevi Guest

Thanks Draconi, It's Very hard to kill this lovely dragon here in Trinsic, when the guard zone appears to be back and I can't summon or cast a bunch of spells !

And thanks bunches for moving that gate so quick !

Also Some people aren't showing that they are poisoned, making it harder to heal them and save their lives !

Mayadevi

14. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The crimson dragon is glorious! The fire is a nice color. I noticed the greaters did not wild.

Wish Trick or treating was as cool & we had pumpkins to find. Please?? :)

15. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The art team need to be really proud with this. It looks awesome as! You really out done yourself this time.

Good work Team :p

16. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

I really like the screen flashing white, Is that new as well? Never seen it before.

17. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think another faction should be made called Banksitters. Luna should be their stronghold, they get silver from killing themselves and they're OJ to everyone in the game, faction or not.

18. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

If you're meaning that Luna would be the place players would be teleported to, can you make it Umbra on Siege? I don't expect any place to be "safe" on Siege, but Luna would NOT be the place on Siege, that anyone would expect to land in, especially if one is red or in factions and possibly damaged from a swarm of critters! lol It's pretty much a guaranteed spot for blues and faction players to hang out and get cheap kills.

19. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Wait a minute - you guys.... are KILLING them???? Oh the humanity!

LOL - it's true. It's been soooo long!! Sooooo loooong! I'll be sure to pass the praise on!

20. crimson dragon on Vesper died but I did not get loot rights since I was helping to heal a dragon that was fighting, but in the end I was casting EBs on it, so I am assuming to get looting rights better be in party with the person doing the most damage.

In Brit the crimson dragon vanished, seems it was guard wack just it died. I think there was a box as we got poison when they open the box.

21. Mayadevi

Mayadevi Guest

That just rocked ! I'm still blinking from the flashing lights ! LOL Did the dragon
    really just vanish? I was sort of dead at the time and just saw massive amounts of damage coming from the area. I was casting EBs too. I Hope we get to test that again !

Now off to visit the spooky ghosts and spirit speak them ! Erm... has anyone noticed the new spookinesses in the cemeteries?

Mayadevi

PS, getting sidetracked, there is still a Crimson Dragon in Trinsic if anyone wants to help !

Dev team, you really rocked on this one !

22. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Now the question is ... the dragons in the towns vs. the one at WBB were different. They all said "crimson dragon" but the one a WBB did line-fire, fear-freeze, and the white-flash. The others didnt. Also, the one at WBB went "poof" like the strangers did, the others dropped normal corpses with peerless-type loot. Which will we see on Prodo shards?

Also, I too, noticed that the GD's were not going wild, nor losing any happiness at all.

23. Mayadevi

Mayadevi Guest

I noticed that too ! I haven't seen the Trinsic dragon do the white flash, maybe they only do that when they get badly hurt? Maybe they will be random on the prodo shards?

Draconi, are we doing a stress test tonight or tomorrow? I don't want to miss it if we do one ! LOL

Mayadevi (still trying to get to the ghosties:)

24. Millie

Millie Guest

[​IMG]

She's just too cool.

25. For my first time testing live event, it was fun. I liked the crimson dragons, the one in trinsic finally died when it was lured out of town. Accidentally I think, meaning ev's and summons would work. I think all the crimson dragons should have differing attacks if possible, for the area attacks. The one in Trin seemed to do a mana drain. When it went off there were alot of bright lights and I did nto loose health but my mana went to zero. If the crimsons are only to spawn at end of invasions then maybe keep guard zones down until they are dispatched ?

All in All looks great

26. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

OOOOoo MY but that's a pretty DRAGON!!!!!!!! I want one!!!!!!!

27. I guess I posted this in the wrong thread:

28. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

Have we thought about just not making it not possible to recall into the invaded spot? instead of routing?

this location is blocked by an invasion involving excellent original Art- would work as a good message.

Nice work everyone over there.

29. Myphsar

Myphsar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ive noticed when i killed some of the lesser spawn like recruits etc, a rubbish sword drops in my pack, heh
    Like a Katana with 20% ssi ,19 damage ,13% lightning, thats it.

Edit : oh and by the way, i love all the NPCs (recruits etc) color armor (gotta get me a set of each ;P)

30. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Lavender - It is true, you could do that, but then you would also be subject to being in a faction. True, for a to-the-core Tram player, that will mean nothing, since the beneficial acts was removed in Tram. However, I recall that you personally are interested in both Fel and Tram, and that you are on Napa. I can tell you that currently there is a whole guild of Minax out there just waiting for you to join SL so they can kill you ...

31. Oh yes, I agree that *I* go to Fel a lot and this wouldn't be a good strategy for me PERSONALLY... I just wanted to know if, in general, Tram players could get a leg up so to speak by putting themselves in SL and going to battle. I wanted to know if the spawn will go aggro individually or as a group once attacked by a SL member. If only the monster you attack goes aggro then joining SL is a HUGE HUGE leg up for people.

32. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed ... makes me wonder what the negative will be for those who choose to allign themselves with the Shadowlords. ...

33. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes the dragon was awesome and I died a lot LOL.

I don't know if they changed it or I was unlucky before but the rubble I have got today from the magincia quests is really awesome. I won't say what it is so not to spoil it for others but I like what I have got so far today.

34. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

If you were to ask me I'd say Zento would be better, if we need to be off the main continent. Some people find Luna exceedingly laggy

35. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

I have a pair of questions:

- Invasion monsters give some kind of special items?

- There is once again the needing of vanquisher/mystic/power weapons?

36. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Seriously, Luna already has a lot going for it without you guys making changes that favor that one city even more... I really hope that west brit bank is kept safe as luna bank is not big enough for shards like Atlantic.

37. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Unfortunately Zento's graphics-rich terrain (beautiful as it is) kills KR - I have a higher probability of crashing crossing Zento than doing a lap of Luna.

38. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

i wouldnt port them all to Luna eather , it will be LAG hell.

At least on ATL there is allways a good crowd allready plus all the trash and hundets of Runes and Books that get dropped there.
    Not counting the masses of Vendors that allready lag the whole thing to death

I would vote for Umbra or Zento

39. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

My main little house is on the Moonglow coast, a bit outside of the gates. I am glad I have an alternate plot in Zento. I suppose it's time to start moving my supplies to a safer location before my little tower gets swarmed with baddies.

40. Ziane

Ziane Guest

I hear ya. I have a house just by the Ironwood Inn in Vesper and judging by last time there was an invasion...well, let's just say my crafters will be using one of my other houses as their base for a little while... :D

Zi

41. El Phantasmo

El Phantasmo Guest

Simply an AWESOME Idea! :thumbup:

42. ShadowJack

ShadowJack Guest

I have to say I'm impressed with all of this, especially the npcs stealing, that's awesome