1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

TDO, had fun at the IDOC. Thanks.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Chad Sexington, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Wasn't much to get. Mostly just a cursed Staff of the Magi. Few other cursed arties. Box full of marties.

Oh yeah, and guard zone front property. ^_^

Was fun.

:spider:

2. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Which house fell?

3. Lych

Lych Guest

Tell me about it. That guy had chest upon chest of just random gobs of lvl1 loot. I'd never done an idoc before, so I grabbed and growled, then burnt up a trash barrel afterward.

All I got out of it were 80k bandaids (not bad), 7 orange seeds, and some deco.

Oh, and if Black ever comes back, I'm ransoming his soulstone. >=]

4. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

One of the 18x18's out of the west Umbra bridge, along the stars. I don't know if the thread title is appropriate. It was only 4 of us and 2 of them. hehe. ^_^

:spider:

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Oh I missed another one........that sounds fun, they always are even if there is nothing in them...lol

6. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I agree fudd. Just the tension, about when its gonna fall, what you may or may not get, and who is gonna attack you for your loots :)

7. Lych

Lych Guest

Just one of me -- I just move *really* fast. The womanly screaming was actually my battle cry. Be jealous, I got ~100 of the prized komono's, all dyed in magenta.

8. Hans

Hans Guest

Yeah I made away with about 10k random ingots and an evil dyed staff od magi, regarless was a lot of fun watching all us theives try to take out TDO. I myself died almost instantly when I went in with my mage wep. But hey it was good fun.

9. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Anyone hit any of the other IDOCs that I saw when I was randomly walking our landscape Sun. the 15th ?

There was a greatly worn as I crossed the Luna Bridge heading toward many of the GIL homes...and a Greatly worn in former Wintermoor...and another was decaying on the approach to the sandy beach of Brit area...etc. I seen about
    5+ decayin homes, just in my walk around Sunday 15th.

I was going to get back online to check out the one in former Wintermoor yesterday but ..never felt like getting back online yesterday. Figured if nothing else it may have held some ingots from mining in the area.

10. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ive almost meant to go IDOC hunting just never had the time..or energy

11. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I normally do not bother with IDOCs either I have enough pixel junk on both shards that I really do not need anything more...UNLESS a home is perhaps IDOC and it appears it may have ingots or boards in it...I DID plan to go back to that Greatly Worn in Wintermoor in case it held ingots cuz that was in a good mining spot...but I never bothered to log back on yesterday figured it probably fell yesterday.

Part of me just did not want to see a relatively newer home ALSO vanish off the former Wintermoor once full of homes ..two of em were even mine once when it was choc full of homes of KSS. So maybe I just did not want to go back there and find another newer resident also GONE from that snow. Meh ! But..if anything it probably held ingots that home was in a grand quiet mining spot there in former Wintermoor..one of the chests I seen Sunday when it was greatly was pretty heavy ..figured INGOTS oh well I did not return to it.

IF I do some IDOC it is oft for location......if I want the spot then I will sit for it but won't go for the loots at all I let every one else grab all the stuff and just try to stay hidden till it is time to place and feel lucky when I get the spot. :)

First IDOC I sat thru on Siege was .......a spot I wanted for Miranda back then ........VMP all over it REV too..........and I had placed the spot...didnt care bout the stuff ..just wanted that spot..still have it :) *think Revvo fell asleep on that idoc, I got the spot not sure whom got the loots back then...but I seen players get booted off my then new home plot spot..max secureds, just outside downtown Brit. :) Whoosh I got the spot all I cared about ! Good place for a chr. that oft is dead close to town for a res or wandering healer, gypsies goats cows and deer, that spawn in me front yard. :) Ima Never dead long out in my front yard. Good spot for my Miranda to live *or die*. lol

12. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I remember back to the day of the "Great Fall" after the devs reactivated housing decay. OMG!!! The shard was full of people running around fighting for the loots laying through out the land...la

13. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Totally remember that. However, I mostly remember it for everybody scrambling around trying to secure the nice housing spots. So you had a bunch of people scouring for loot, and a bunch of people trying to place nice new 18x18's (or even Castles/Keeps) in prime spots. Very busy day for the shard that day.