1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Team speak

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Parson, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Parson

Parson Guest

How many actually use this? No troll just wondering if it's worth the distraction of having other people yakking in your ears.

2. Jhym

Jhym Guest

*looks at page after page of people yakking about nonsensical things*

*wonders whether that would be any better if they were yakking in my ears*

*pulls gun out of drawer*

:gun:

3. When I had a friend with a server, I used it. It's fairly benign, actually :)

(as in: you could not pay me to use Ventrilo ;-)

4. Mirage

Mirage Guest

Why not? It's better then TS.

Mir

5. archite666

archite666 Guest

anyone into power gaming generally uses ventrilo, and yes ventrilo is much better than team speak.

Iv been in multiple guilds in the past few years, and all use ventrilo, you pretty much have to in order rapidly exchange info.

Imagen trying to teach someone how to pvp by typing, forget it!

6. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Its nice at times when people stick to talking about whats going on in the game. When they start using it as a yahoo chat room then it becomes lame and annoying. My husband and I have both and have them off more than on because there are always 1 or 2 people that never get the hint your not there to flirt :yell:

7. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Explain how so? First off Ventrilo isn't completely cross platform compatible, so those of us like myself that are using a Linux install and running UO under WINE are left out, yea it's possible to run Ventrilo under WINE but you have to go through all kinds of configuration tweaks on your sound device settings or you usually can't hear, and can't talk on it. Secondly you can find better deals on hosting for TeamSpeak. Third if the person managing the server knows how to properly set up a channel it's just as clear and just as secure as Ventrilo.

Explain why Vent is better?

8. Smokin

Smokin Guest

LOL I don't have to imagine it, I have done it and many times, along with many other aspects of the game and still do. But vent and TS in many ways are ruining the game and many other games.

People often say in these forums, why should you be able to solo things and what not because this is MMO but then they all sit chatting on there vents and ignore others in game.

9. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Actually I use TS because I can chat with others without ignoring people in the game..

10. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Guess your one of the few, not the many.

11. Divster

Divster Guest

I use ventrillo and find the quality of the audio is much better, teamspeak has a more "metallic" quality to my ears.

I don't understand why people think von prgs harm the game, I too must be one of the "few" as I use it in my guild to coordinate things and to chat, which doesn't stop us from interacting with others in game who arn't on our server or use a von prg

12. Petrify

Petrify Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Bingo. You have 0 chance of being a good pvp group unless you use ventrilo, or to a lesser extent T.S

13. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Vent has a better sound quality. Team speak works better with people with dial ups connections.

14. Nexus

Nexus Site Support

That "Metallic" Quality can be eliminated by changing the Codec used in the settings for the channel from the default to the Speex 25.9 Codec. It's all a matter of who is using the Channel and if they know how to properly set TeamSpeak up...

15. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Used both TS and Vent.

Any successful guild (PvM or PvP) uses a voice program.

16. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I guess I am just ol' school in my preferences, but I find voice to be distracting and feel it breaks my personal immersion. I certainly can see how it is a must for PvP and large guild/group activities. Since I am not much of a PvPer and am not currently a member of a large guild/group I have no need for such applications.

I also like to read the text and get a feel for my fellow players through their writing style. I know a lot of people feel less comfortable with typing out their thoughts and that there are many members of the spelling and grammar police that feel they need to correct every mistake. I ignore such people and carry on with my poor typing and spelling skills. *shrugs*

17. Fluffi

Fluffi Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Skype conference call.

Works fine for me/us in several games.

18. Mirage

Mirage Guest

Obvious Better Sound Quality.