1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

TECH- Cant Uninstall UO

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by N49ATV, Dec 10, 2008.

1. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, so here is the situation. When I decided to come back to UO, i dled the new KR client, and got t fired up. Decided I wanted to run 2d. So Instead of DLing the new 2d, I just installed an old copy of Renaissance. Now I played fel for a bit. Now I cant go anywhere besides fel, cant go to malas, ilsh, nothing. So I downloaded the ML 2d client. But when I fire it up, it still runs UO:R off the CD.

So now Im trying to uninstall UO, and re-install the ML client. This is where the issue is. As I click uninstall option, i get "Out Of Memory" error. Ok so, I go into control panels and try removing it through windows. However it just fires up the supplied uninstall client.

So anyone know how to get this off my machine?

Thanks

2. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Go into the registry and manually delete it and all of its entries.

3. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

What I had to do, then UOA wouldnt work with it, since they were installed in different locations. Since old 2d used to go to just program files\Ultima Online, and new ones went in EA games. Even though I uninstalled and reinstalled UOA, told it where to go, it was being stupid. Had to reinstall ML in old location. Frustrating.

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Are your account upgraded to UOML? If not you can't leave Fel even if you install UOML.
    The UO:R client should update itself as far I know

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No matter which you install from you'll only be able to access as much of the client as your account is upgraded for.
    Check the account management page.