1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Tech Type Question - Bad Trace Route

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Surgeries, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    I am experiencing some packet loss in two of the hops of my route to the EA server, and was hoping someone with the know how could tell me who to send the data to, from my Trace Route Poll, so that the proper people can see why I am 100% packet loss, on two of the hops.

Both of the hops that are dropping the packets are Sprintlink, it appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...it is causing some nasty little hiccups in my gaming.

2. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

i would say its probably more of a problem whith youre ISP
  3. Fox (Europa)

Fox (Europa) Guest

The only people who can sort this for you are your ISP. Check their webite for a way to raise a problem report, include a copy of your traceroute in the report.

4. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 11, 2003
    Seems like you are seeing no response rather than packet loss. In the case of packet loss there is no hop afterward. If you have hops that show up as jsut a * it only means they do not forward or respond to the type of packets that you would draw the numbered response from . It they are moving to the next hop there is no 100% loss.

Ping the destination and see if there are any drops to determine another part of the picture. In most cases problems in-between work themselves out but it can often take a week or so to resolve.