1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Technical assistance

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Alvo, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Alvo

Alvo Guest

I just downloaded the new patch and now I cant connect to server. When I enter my password i get the following message:

"Could'nt connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few minutes".

Its been a while now and I cant connect. Ive rebooted a bunch of times and nothing has changed. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

is your OS Vista by chance?

3. Alvo

Alvo Guest

No, Im on XP

4. Try disabling your firewall and see if you can connect. A lot of times the updated client can't get through.

5. Alvo

Alvo Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Try disabling your firewall and see if you can connect. A lot of times the updated client can't get through.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the case. I updated Firefox yesterday and since then, It hasnt worked. The only problem is that I dont have my firewall running. I recently had some work done to my computer due to virus and trojan problems so maybe they activated a windows firewall or something. I've heard that there is such a thing. I just dont know how to check.

6. Kat SP

Kat SP Guest

To check on that, go to your Start Menu/Settings/Control Panel/Windows Firewall. [​IMG]

7. Alvo

Alvo Guest

Ok, I just turned the firewall off however i still can access UO or Firefox. Any thoughts???

8. Kat SP

Kat SP Guest

Okay, follow the path I gave you above, only this time, when you get to the Windows Firewall screen, click on the Exceptions tab at the top. Check to make sure that the Ultima Online Client and Firefox are allowed as exceptions. If they are not, put x's in those boxes. I know you turned it off, but they may still be blocked.

Also are there any other firewalls on at this time?

9. <blockquote><hr>

Okay, follow the path I gave you above, only this time, when you get to the Windows Firewall screen, click on the Exceptions tab at the top. Check to make sure that the Ultima Online Client and Firefox are allowed as exceptions. If they are not, put x's in those boxes. I know you turned it off, but they may still be blocked.

Also are there any other firewalls on at this time?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may also wish to restart after you've done as Kat says. Unlike *good* operating systems (such as FreeBSD), Windows behavior is relatively random at times.

Kinda like my wife... [​IMG]

10. Alvo

Alvo Guest

UO and Firefox are listed as exceptions. The firewall has been disabled. Ive rebooted the computer and still, "Couldnt connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few moments".

11. Alvo

Alvo Guest

I've corrected the issue. I started up my firewall (ZoneAlarm) and for some reason, UO worked. When my firewall is not running, UO wont work for some reason. Thanks to all that helped.

12. Kat SP

Kat SP Guest

And there ya have it! Do something that makes no sense whatsoever and that fixes the problem! hehe Welcome back!