1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Technical issue loading stratics.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DarkVoid, Dec 5, 2009.

1. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

This probably belongs better in the tech forum although i figured I'd throw it to the regular uhallers first for a quick check. Whenever I open up the UO stratics main page http://uo.stratics.com for the first time after a cold boot, or after a very long time, IE8 gives me a "the page cannot be displayed" error message, instead of loading stratics. I have to click refresh to get it to load.

Are any of the stratics admins aware of any problems with stratics, or is it as I suspect, that IE8 is messing itself up on startup? (This would be one more entry in my book of "reasons to ditch the Windows XP 'default' browser" ....)

2. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This may (or may not) have something to do with the snow...

3. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

Any way to check what might be b0rKen in IE8? I have FireFox here, it loads the snow perfectly. Nice effect btw.

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Loads fine with me using IE8.

5. altarego

altarego Guest

Loads just fine in Chrome.

6. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It happens me 1/10 times when loading Stratics up..

I'd suggest ditching IE8 and downloading Mozilla Firefox. (Latest verison) Not only is it more safe,reliable,and the best web broswer.. It's also very customizable!!!

7. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

it happens to me sometimes when opening threads in separate tabs. Every so often Firefox can't open the thread, gives a timeout message. I hit the retry button and it loads fine. I've not had issues with uo.stratics.com however.

8. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have not had the same issue in a while, but I do not see the snow everyone is raving about. The uo.stratics.com page is giving me errors in IE8 and it seems to be an issue with the snow.

*Not interested in installing other browsers, but thanks.

Webpage error details

9. CassieDarksong

CassieDarksong Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Looks like a javascript error.