1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

technical issue with last patch

Discussion in 'UHall' started by zamot, Sep 22, 2011.

1. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

OK, Since the latest patch all of my macros for all of my characters have disappeared. Also when logging out of each character the program Closes instead of going back to the log in screen. I do get an error message that says

"Could not open file for writing: D:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 9th Anniversary Collection\*****\catskills\######\desktop.uos"

The *'s are the account name and the #'s are the Character name. Now the file it says it cannot write to is located in My documents folder on the C drive. I tried copying the catskills folder to the location that is above but I still get the same error and no desktop icons.

Any suggestions????

This is the classic client

2. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have done this before. Make sure you havent typed a space at the end of your user(account) name in the login.

3. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the heads up, This is on all of my accounts and I have logged in several times on each, I doubt I would have made the same mistake multiple times, since I was not drunk at the time.

any other suggestions

4. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Best I have it to try a reinstall. It could be that something got corrupted. Of course I am sure thats the last thing you want to do, I have found it normally solves all these issues.

5. Pink Dragoness

Pink Dragoness Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That has happened to me a time or two, not sure if it is becuase I have different uo clients to specific account loaded, but the way I resolved mine was to go into my documents where the character files are located, picked eagames, which client it is, then user data, delete that users files, then go log back in on that character, it will reset the file.
    You will have to reset your macros unless you can copy them from another folder and past them into the new character macro folder.

Hope it helps

6. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Make sure that the character files are not set at "hidden" or "read only".