1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Technical question on Castles...

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Bob_the_fart_guy, May 10, 2010.

1. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So, I saw this thread: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=207403 and it made me finally decide to post a question that I've always wondered about. The handful of times in my life I've attempted to place a castle I've gotten two messages. One says something to the effect of invalid terrain and the other message says no castles can be built here. There have been times I KNOW that a castle should be able to fit, but have gotten the "Castles cannot be placed here" but I could place an 18 x 18. Are the certain areas or facets (malas, Ter Mur, Tokono) that prevent a castle from being placed? And, is there a list in some magical place where I can view it?

Come to think of it... I don't believe I've ever seen a house placed in Tokono. Has anyone seen one placed there?

On the matter... does anyone happen to know the most unpopulated shard by chance? I know, kinda a weird question, but if one were desperate enough to change shards just to place a castle, then the odds would be better on a lesser populated shard, no?

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Castles can only be placed in trammel and felucca

3. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ah, yes, I do remember that contest La Belle. And thank you Flutter, that was the answer I was looking for.

I don't know why there can't be castles in the Tokono lands. Just add a "Japanese flare" to them. You know, same size and everything, pagoda roofs or something.

Now... I wonder what the most unpopulated shard is.... =-)