1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tel Mur's Soulforge

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Ivory Norwind, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've read that the soulforge of the city in tel mur gives bonus for imbuyig. I mean not the bonus for the gargoyles, but a bonus for using the forge in that city. Is it true?

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The Queens soulforge gives extra bonus for imbuing but you need 10000 Loyalty points to use it.

3. Ivory Norwind

Stratics Veteran

Thanks Frarc
    But where is the Queen soulforge?

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

If you go North West from the soulforge you will find a bridge to the Queens Palace. Its this big Piramid looking building.

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The queens soul forge gives a 6% bonus this was tested at 0 level on a human i checked this last night and this was checked against my house forge did not test the other forge to see what it is!

6. Ivory Norwind

Stratics Veteran

Ok, then i can use my new soulforge without problems ;)
    Thanks to all

7. Aristillus

Aristillus Guest

At 120 imbuing on a human I am getting the public soulforge in Ter Mur has a 2.4% bonus over a home soulforge and the Queens soulforge has a 4.8% bonus over the public forge. So the Queens soulforge has a total of 7.2% over a home forge.
    Guess I will never be imbuing at home :)

Aristillus

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

hmmm this must scale then according to the forge and the level cause i just checked again and I am getting 6% diff when imbuing a npc bought staff and applying dispel at 1%

I noticed the same thing when testing gargoyle and human at low levels the garg gets great bonus ! at 120 it was close to the same (think it was only like 1.2% )

i am training on home forge as it has the lowest bonus then when crafting !high end items it will be my gargoyle at queens forge!

9. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I'm also training at home because that give the lowest % in imbuing. :)

10. Ivory Norwind

Stratics Veteran

I'm confused now.
    But it's easier imbuing at home. And so i'll do :)

11. Aristillus

Aristillus Guest

I just checked using an npc bought dagger and I get the same numbers you did. I was using an exceptional crafted dagger for my last numbers. So apparently you not only have a higher property weight with an exceptional item, it seems there is a bonus to imbuing as well? Anyone else have info about this or am I missing something?

Aristillus

12. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

hmm Think what we need to do is tes human/elf/gargoyle crafting npc item then exceptional item at queens forge home forge and town forge and test it at say 0 60 100 and 120 and see what we get!
    Atm I am designing and setting up my new house and trying to finish imbuing off ! but when I get a chance i will test it if nobody else does it by then!

might also want to try armor pieces also to make sure it stays the same as for weapons!

13. Spelosty

Spelosty Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

You did remember humans have "Jack of All Trades" right??

14. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There is bonus for crafted stuff, and larger bonus for except crafted stuff.

15. Aristillus

Aristillus Guest

That's awesome, I knew about the higher property weights for exceptional items, but I didn't know about the bonus to imbue :)

16. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

me either

17. guum

guum Guest

Imbuing at home is for skill gains, but yeah, if you're doing any "real" imbuing, you want to use the queen's soulforge. It's a noticeable difference, and I believe it's additive rather than multiplicative (the gargoyle bonus is the latter, unfortunately), so all the better.