1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Teleporters

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Hoffs, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

A guildmate of mine with a public house was attacked by someone who had stealthed in. They tried to escape by using a teleporter which was set to co-owner (this was checked again afterwards), yet the attacker was able to follow them.

Can anyone explain how this could happen? If someone is attacking you does it give them the ability to follow you?

2. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

yes it does. make ur house private. ;)

3. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Was he able to follow them right away or did he wait out his flag and do it after while the guy was afk?

4. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If the teleporter was set to co owner then the attacker can not follow...

5. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

The guildmate ran to the teleporter immediately.

6. Goron

Goron Guest

The person that attacked used 'leave house' to get out of the room. Then threw an extra shuriken at the victim from outside the house. Your guild member died from poison, clearing the attacker's 'flagged' status. The attacker could then walk back onto the front lawn.

7. Any changes made to the house, even simply changing the foundation, resets all teleporters to "anyone".

If I had to guess, I'd say that is what happened.

8. Goodah

Goodah Guest

Ahh...so the attacker was able to follow the escapee into a room (through a teleporter that was set to co-owner) but decided not to finish them off in the room, left the room using "leave house" , and threw a shuriken from the outside? Wow that makes perfect sense doesn't it.

Anyways, best way of getting rid of someone attacking you in your public house is by using "Remove thyself!". You cannot use the command "I ban thee!" on someone already flagged on you inside your house.

9. Goron

Goron Guest

not at all.
    It was brought to attacker's attention that several people were gating in and out of skara to buy from faction vendors.
    Attacker went to skara and within seconds saw someone gate in. Attacker waited for the person to leave screen of the gate, then went thru gate.
    Attacker was greeted by a public house, but trapped in a small room... Attacker waited, hidden.

Within a short period of time, victim shows up in a gate out front of house. Attacker waited.

Victim entered house, and went right to the room attacker was waiting in (the room victim had gated out of). Attacker attacked!

Victim, lethal poisoned, took a teleporter out of the room. Attacker waited briefly, but realized the attack had not quite yet failed- victim was on the front lawn. Attacker 'leave house'd and threw an extra shuriken from in front of the house- just for good measure. Victim died on front lawn. Attacker was then no longer flagged and entered the lawn to loot.

or... at least that's how she explained it to me...

10. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Who was the attacker?

11. Goron

Goron Guest

I'm fairly certain this was all caused by Alive.
    And its my understanding Death participated in something later too- but I didn't check the details on that.

12. Goodah

Goodah Guest

Well if the persons gated out of the house from the secure room and the attacker used the same gate, that would probably explain how the attacker got into a secure room with co-owner teleporter access only. Since the house was public it would not boot him/her out of the room. Attacker had to use "leave house" option because the teleporter wouldn't work for them.

Think the mystery here may be getting clearer.

Pointers from this thread?

1) Best way of getting rid of someone attacking you in your public house is by using "Remove thyself!". You cannot use the command "I ban thee!" on someone already flagged on you inside your house.

2) Any changes made to the house, even simply changing the foundation, resets all teleporters to "anyone".

3) This is Siege, and if your home is public expect an intruder to be able to get in your house at any time and try to kill you.

This has been one of your daily public service announcements.

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you gate from inside your home dispel the gate when you reach your destination, or leave the house first and cast the gate from outside. If you've done neither use 'detect hidden' when you return to the house as soon as you're on the plot.