1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Temp account being used for BOD filling to get barbed runics.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ImaNoobieToo, Jan 27, 2010.

1. ImaNoobieToo

ImaNoobieToo Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Its the only thing I can think of for the massive insurgence of runics! We all know the temp account characters can not use bods but they can craft items while another paid account is combining and turning in.

2. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Years ago - I dreamed of someday getting a valorite runic hammer.

As my UO addiction grew and I had extra accounts to hold houses, I wanted those character slots to have some use, so I trained them up as bod-runners (this was before you could complete the bod and immediately get another) and so I ended up with 22 smith/tailors.

I never got that runic... and even though I never filled the bods, I still collected them regularly.

Lately, Imbuing made the market change a lot - and the Dev's added a small chance for a reward to get bumped up a level or two. At that point, I started sorting and filling bods again... I have since cranked out well over 500 runic hammers of varying levels (still no valorite though... *sighs*).

Basically - there is finally a reason to do bods again - and many have huge stockpiles of them. I think there is your answer.

4. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Only real reason is for powder of fort and low end runics can be good.

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have 14 blacksmith/tailors, mostly legendary. I've been doing BODs almost since they were introduced. I currently have well over 200 runic hammers and about 100 runic sewing kits including 40 barbed kits stockpiled. That's years of collecting and work. I'm sure there are other BOD collectors that have similar stockpiles.

6. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

And to tell ya the truth. That's a small collection :(

7. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

BOD rewards are backing up because people aren't buying them.

8. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is also true. Imbuing has dropped runic sewing kits to new lows in demand. High-end hammers too.

9. Sorry the Old but Fixed Valorite dupe still proliferates the market. Players were banned for having 5 and 10 a year back with the burnings.

The vendor next to me has them stocked daily for the last months.