1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Template advice needed

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by FrejaSP, Jul 28, 2013.

1. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hi all

I'm making a stealth, fencer, poison template but I have hard with not being able to rez.

Right now, my skills are a little messed:
    Stealth 100.6
    Magery 100.7
    Hiding 100.0
    Ninjitsu 97.1
    Fencing 95.7 95.7
    Poisoning 93.9
    Bushido 73.8
    Tactics 49.0

I'm not sure where to end up. I'm thinking of a template for surprise attack, where poison do most of the killing. I know in PvP, that won't work well but it is mostly meant for PKing and roleplay.

The first advice I got was :
    Fence 120
    tactic 90
    bushido 70
    hiding 100
    stealth 120
    poison 100
    ninja 120
    I have seen that work in PvP too, but I'm missing a way to heal and to rez

Only way I see to keep magery is:
    Fencing 90
    Bushido 70
    Ninjitsu 100
    Hiding 100
    Stealth 110
    Poison 90
    Magery 90
    tactics 70

But do I have enough stealth to get away, if the attack fail?
    I can use skills on jewelry to get fencing up and stealth

Advices are welcome

2. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

your tying to roleplay a pk cool but i gotta question for ya why ya need to res?

out of the 2 stylse you got here i would go
    Fence 120
    tactic 90
    bushido 70
    hiding 100
    stealth 120
    poison 100
    ninja 120

3. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I just feel bad, when I can't res and magery is handy to many thing but I guess I have to give up something

4. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Been thinking about getting back into pvp. Soooo my first question about this template...why so much stealth? Is it to keep from getting revealed?

5. FrejaSP

Yes, as I like to use non med armor

6. Blacklisted86

Blacklisted86 Adventurer

DEATHSTRIKE!

7. FrejaSP

could I lover fencing then?
    What about
    Fencing 100
    Bushido 100
    Ninjitsu 120
    Hiding 100
    Stealth 120
    Poison 90
    Magery 90

Using a dagger or Assassin Spike?

8. Zerbee

Zerbee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not too familiar with how high end the suits people run on Siege are, I'm about to start playing here and I'm coming from Atl, but you will need 120 fencing. If the target you try to kill has 120 weapon skill and you only have 100, you won't hit them as often if they have some DCI stat.
    Also from what I have tested, 120ninja/100hiding/120stealth deathstrikes at max running distance is only 8-10 damage difference then 100ninja/100hiding/120stealth, assuming the deathstrike hits. Since DS is capped at 50 for players, you won't see that much of a difference versus putting the 20 points into Fencing to take it to 120. Having 120 fencing will also allow higher chances to land infectious strike and shadowstrike.

Also I'm aware you stated that is purely for RP and PKing, but without tactics you will be dealing very little damage.

Seems like you would need to drop the Magery and be a bit more self-focused and ignore the ability to res.

For healing, Bushido can cover you on it but not for much. Confidence at 100 bushido will heal you for about 30 hp as long as you are not hit during the regeneration. Then usage of pots to cover the rest.

Resisting Spells is also important, but again not sure of the fighting terms for RP. An enemy mage can simply cast Mana Vampire, sapping all your mana giving you the inability to infectiousstrike or shadowstrike away and heal. You can also be easily paralyze spammed. Paralyze spam can be countered by trapped boxes, mana vampire not so much.

On your question of dagger or assassin spike, either will do since they are both same speed and base damage. I personally prefer the spike, it looks better in my opinion!

One key thing I would like to point out that I rarely see people do is..... lesser hiryus! With 100 bushido you can control/ride a lesser hiryu, while I know this won't exactly fit your stealthy fighting style, a trained lesser can definitely pack a punch and dismount! You could be a more unique roleplayer as a ninja with his/her own lizard companion!

FrejaSP likes this.
  9. Feanaro

Feanaro Journeyman

Drop bushido completly, then you can have your magery. Heal only with pots, also you only need 80 stealth. 120 ninja 100hide and 80 stealth still does 43hp death strikes. Come out of hide disarm them with warfork, dp with kryss mana dump death strikes. If that doesnt win then it might be time to smokebomb. Remember being a ninja is about surprise let them think you are near when you are for away, and when they think you are far away come out and kill them. Timing is every thing and surprise is your best weapon.

FrejaSP likes this.
  10. FrejaSP

Thanks both, I will test it without bushido, yes I know, no resist is a pain. Wish TC was up.