1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Template Advice Please

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by kronides, Jun 8, 2014.

1. kronides

kronides Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is what I'm tinkering with:

110 Magery (120 with jewel)
    120 Fishing
    80 Poison
    100 Inscription
    110 EI
    120 Mysticism
    120 Focus
    Staff of the Magi for the 120 defense

Obviously, it's too many points. The guy is PVM only and the fishing stays, but I want to do other things also besides ONLY fish. I prefer to remain a pure caster--no bushido, etc. Other than that, I am open to any suggestions: specifically, do I get more bang out of inscription or nox? I can't decide what to do here, I've been going back and forth on it all day.

Thank you for any input!

2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

IMO, you get little to no benefit for PvM with Poisoning. I would drop that skill. I also think you will be mana limited for PvM. Be sure to stack plenty of MR. I personally would drop inscription for Med. So with a Mage Weapon for Melee defense you could run:

120 Magery
    120 Eval Int
    120 Myst
    120 Focus
    120 Fishing
    120 Med

3. kronides

kronides Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Gotcha. I'll take your word, since I haven't played this in almost ten years! And I appreciate the input.

4. Marquis de Sade 209

Marquis de Sade 209 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Poisoning ,if poison and magery are a combined 200 (dp poison fields) is great for clearing champ spawns but not as good for regular pvm.

SpellBreaker likes this.