1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Template advice

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by dupadupa, Feb 13, 2009.

1. dupadupa

dupadupa Guest

peeps try and help me out on this one:

Currently my template stands as listed below

animal taming (100 real skill)(120 with jewlery)
    animal lore (100 real skill)(120 with jewlery)
    vetinary (100 real skill)
    magery (100 real skill)
    Meditation (100 real skill)
    peacemaking (100 Real Skill)
    Music (100 real skill)

now by using the jewlery on this template it has 60 points spare skill to use,

in what skill would these 60 points be most valuable

any help is much appriciated,

thanks in advance

2. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 18, 2006

I think the best thing you could do is to raise magery, Peace & Music to 120.
    120 magery for greater heals and 100% on all the pells.
    Peace and music aint really good if you havnt got 120, thats the same for all barding skills tbh. The only reason to have 100 Music/peace is to be able to area peace 100%.

If you dont rais the above skills i would suggest you to bump those points into Chiv for decurse.
  3. dupadupa

dupadupa Guest

zidjin, thanks for the advice, ive just realised ive made a mistake,

the template ive listed (which is correct) does'nt leave me with 60 skill points,

i leaves me with 20 skill points to play with,

what would this be best put into

considering there is only 20 skill points remaining, would it be viabnle to drop 20 of meditation, and put the reamining 40 points into peace/music

bear in mind i dont have LMC armour, i have high resist 100% LRC with a bit of DCI in there
  4. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I would advise one of 2 things:

Drop med to 60 (pick it up from MR on gear)
    Take vet to 120
    take music to 120
    and drop peace for 120 disco

Drop both music and peace
    Pick up SW to 110
    Take vet to 120
    take med to 120
    put the rest (70 into eval)
  5. Wetherlocke

Wetherlocke Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 29, 2008
    I would just drop med to 80 to raise music and peace. Even without MR gear, I doubt you're going to miss the mana with a character who's mostly used to support pets. Personally I usually don't cast too many spells during combat aside from Invisibility and Greater Heals when vetting just isn't enough. I would think 80 in med is more than enough.
  6. dupadupa

dupadupa Guest

thanks for the advice guys, i think ill drop med to 80, and try max out my peace/music skill,

currently my stats are

101 strength
    39 dex
    90 int

considering ive never played tamer, would i get away with this?>
  7. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Since your probably not using a weapon, you could drop dex even lower. I have some chars that their dex is in the 10-15 range since dex doesn't effect vet, magery, or barding skills. The only problem is that you will get fatigued if you run on foot.
  8. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

My variation on this:

Drop med to 60 (pick it up from MR on gear)
    Take vet to 110 and use Enhanced Bandages to Vet at 120
    Take music to 120
    SoulStone Peace (it's useful for taming) and get 120 Disco

Peace is a purely a defensive tool while Disco can be very aggressive. A Discoed target has up to 28% lowered skills and resists. With Disco you kill quicker or you can successfully hunt higher up the food chain.