1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Template help - Drop what for lock picking?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by JesterDev, Oct 22, 2010.

1. JesterDev

JesterDev Guest

I have:

Fencing
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Stealth
    Hiding
    Stealing

I want to add lock picking to be an all around thief, but I cannot decide what to lose. I want to be able to defend myself, and heal.. So is the tactics bonus really that great?

2. What does lockpicking do for you in that template? How are you going to recall around? To me, it just seems a little odd.

If your purpose is to open dungeon and gypsy chests, dropping Tactics probably won't hurt you, and you should be able to defend yourself okay. Tactics gives you a damage bonus and the ability to do special moves... such as infect with poison.

But if you want to do serious damage, or even PvP, that's going to be a pretty weak template, not to mention not being able to recall/travel.

3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

All of my non mage/paladin characters have zero magery. They all manage to recall around fine using a runebook. Wasting points in magery is not necessary if you just need to recall around, especially if you're human. JOAT will allow you to use a runebook and be successful about 90% of the time.

4. PuddyMae

PuddyMae Guest

I have a thief on Siege and here is what I travel with.
    She is human.

Magery 115
    Meditation 100
    Hiding 100
    Lockpicking 100
    Detect hidden 58.2
    Remove Trap 38.3
    Stealth 75.1
    Stealing 120 Total 709

I do very well with this and use ev's a lot.

5. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Don't you fizzle a lot without Eval?