1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Template help.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nickster, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Hi all. I am currently working towards the following template....

120 Swords (currently 88)
    120 parry (currently 82)
    120 bushido (currently 67)
    105 necro (currently 79)
    100 SS (currently 89)
    100 Tactics (currently 80)
    40 spellweave.

I find it to be a great PvM template and think i will have little trouble with PvP once i am trained up... my question is is how well would this work with Archery rather than Swords.... also although necro is great since i picked up bushido the only spell i am really using is curse wep and the odd painspike for finishing.....

for a good Melee PvP template would this work?

suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Newbified.

2. NyM

NyM Guest

What are u going to kill pvmwise ?!

Parry doesnt work with Archery.

For pvp its prolly usuless, except u would use a good Bokuto and be Nerve Strike Necro. But for that template u will def need Meditation.

Maybe tell ppl what kind of weapons u are planing to use. With all those uber weaps out there u should get a great one and then think about a template. Always build your template around ur weapon. Any good dexxer temp sux without the right weap.

3. RichDC

RichDC Guest

That is one of the most solid PvM templates in the game, the only thing you could add to make it better is Chiv. with the right gear you can solo DF

4. NyM

NyM Guest

well yes you can do that. But its not really worth the effort. The artis dont sell that good anymore. He could prolly solo Mel too if u change it a lil bit and equip very well.

Chiv archer would be a great temp for most monsters and bosses if u have some other ppl with you.

Or simply a tamer. Disco tamer for pure pvm. Stealth tamer for pvm and if u get in trouble to protect yourself. If u wanna do the lower spawns go for necro with magery.

5. Nickster

Nickster Guest

I am looking to PvP in the long run, i should get by without med as i have a good mana regain suit and basically will just find a good fast sword, perhaps a bokuto.... I am currently using swords so now i know bushido won't work with archery i won't bother.

I took out 4 cyclopse and a paragon cyclopse the other night using only curse wep , confidance and my souldseeker (whirlwind heals like crazy with that man targets,) and with gift of renewal was was hardly damaged when i finished. all in all i like the template but i was just wondering just how effective necro is for PvP as i said now i use bushido i find i only really use blood oath and curse wep with the odd painspike/poison strike thrown in.... i am sure i will get the hang of the template soo, i have just never played it before so am still learning what works with what but all in all i am owning stuff in PvM, i have made 500k in gold alon over the last week or so so i must be doing something right :)

was looking for PvP advise, is Cash's PvP school still in development or is it up and running?

6. NyM

NyM Guest

Bushido works with archery, Parry doesnt.

7. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Parry is a must for the Bushido abilities that i use so i won't even try archery, I am considering dropping necro and picking up healing/anat though but can't decide! i like necro and my char is normall bad karma (had to get it good to do spellweave quests, bloody pixies!)
    i will get where i want to be then i can always get a couple soulstones and give healing/anat a try. in reality i will most likely just stay as i am :)

8. RichDC

RichDC Guest

My advice would be, work them both up(necro/SS and anat/healing).

When you want to go PvM put your necro back on, when you want to PvP anat/healing.

the problem with Sampire PvP is you cant leech enough health in PvP scenario for it to be effective, just a thought anyways.

9. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

120 Swords (currently 88)
    100 parry (currently 82)
    120 bushido (currently 67)
    105 necro (currently 79)
    100 SS (currently 89)
    90 Tactics (currently 80)
    70 med

Screw 120 parry, and with a bok bok the dmg inc from 100 tact won't matter as much. Use pots and confidence to heal.

10. Nickster

Nickster Guest

how much passive regain will i get from 70 med though? and do i get an extra 5 skill points when i hit 24 months? I am using SW for gift of renewal and thought that the pixies would give me an edge also, is this low level not worth it ????
    i am assuming that i will be in factions for PvP so i will be able to get a good mana regain suit together and i may do the elf quest to get the extra mana too if that works on siege.... i am quickly finding that confidence even at my low skill is a life saver! and i like evasion too,

Its been a while since i played a dexxer and then just when i was getting used to necro / swords i dropped anat for bushido and find i am using bushido more than necro now but i believe that is down to my inexperience playing the template, can you guys suggest some tactics for playing this temp? always open with strangle??, keep confidence up all the time?? curse wep worth it for PvP? also i was using wither a lot for crowd control but i imagine its worthless in PvP, and if i use Vamp form i can't use a mount so i would get deaded :) is blood oath good for PvP or will i take dirtnaps as i have no direct healing abilities?
    i was thinking that providing i can survive a mana dump then i would be able to then dump on them myself and come out on top but not sure how it will work in practice or if i will even survive the mana dump...

I have eaten a +15 stat scoll and i am running fairly balanced stats.... how hard is it to max out stamina with faction gear? could i afford to drop more dex (is currently 95) to up my mana pool and still be swinging as fast as possible?

final thing... with this temp will i be dealing my primary damage with the bokbok or necro? or are the suits people run too good to rely on melee damage as primary?

sorry for all the questions but its taking me a while to train up so i don't really want to be making too many changes once i get where i want to be :)

11. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Im going to leave the majority to the more experienced PvPers because youve asked some questions i would like clarification on too, however when in vamp you can still use a mount.

12. Nickster

Nickster Guest

what a moron i am!
    i have been running around on foot thinking i can't use a horse!

13. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I can only see two main areas in pvp where you are in trouble
    1) Once you are dismounted you will be in trouble
    2) No magic resist on a non stealthing dexer character, once a mage knows about this he will make your life very difficult mana vamp, para, poison etc.

14. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Thank you for that, if hit with mana vamp do i get the mana back after a timer has passed? i.e if i get whacked to 0 mana will i then get my mana pool back or will i already be toast by that point? I will use orange pet's for poison and carry a trapped box for para + i will use potions but do most pvp dexxers run with resist? i cant see really how i would squeeze it in to my template unless i was to perhaps drop tactics but then would that be a detriment to me in terms of the damage boost? or could i make up for it with items?

Thanks for your help everyone

15. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, when did Siege get insurance?

16. Nickster

Nickster Guest

it didn't but i was reffering to being able to build a faction arti suit, also runic gear isn't hard to come by..... and there is a buyback policy with most guilds for faction items and also even if not farm silver for a few hours and you can buy the suit back assumiing you are in factions that is.

17. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

A lot of dexxers don't run Resisting spells, however the majority of dexxers on siege are stealthers. If you are planning to run a "Shown" template I would recommend resisting spells if its possible to fit it in.

18. archite666

archite666 Guest

And yes the school is open.

I only ask that you use vent, and I can teach you all I know about pvp, which many will say that ist much however those same people don't have the interest or patience to help new people so F them.

I'm a moderate level pvper willing to help ya out, icq if your interested.

19. Bruin

Bruin Guest

I really suggest some form of mana regen. Don't remember the exact numbers, but even if you were to pull off 10 mana regen from a suit that's only 0.7-0.8 mana regen a sec. If you're human you get the JOAT bonus which is what, another 0.4?

Not sure how rich you are but pulling off 10 mana regen suit with decent resists is fairly expensive (I've played Siege 5+ years and I can't afford it).

If you get mana vamped, you don't get your mana back, you have to passively regenerate it. So if a mage mana vamps you, and even if you're able to regen 1.0 mana/sec, with your only healing method other than pots being SS or bushido, you'd have to wait 10 seconds before you can heal just once.

You can do it, maybe if you had a nice high mana leech weapon as well, but it sounds really tough.

20. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You do need med. There is no way you can get bye with no med at all because they changed how med works in publish 46 with Diminishing returns you can see the changes with the link I am providing for you here. http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_46

In the last thread where you asked about the template I suggested the following and I still do....

120 Swords
    120 Bushido
    120 Necro
    120 SS
    120 Med
    120 Tactics

Now witht the template above I would run 50 enhance potions, good LMC and try to get your hands on a good Bokuto... You don't need parry... just heal with Confidence on the run, Curse Weapon from Necro, Spirit Speak, and Potions... Only downside is if you get mana vamped...

Now if you get tired of getting constantly mana vamped run the template below... This template however would require about MR 9 on items and 40 LMC and may be something you may want to try later on down the road when you have more gold and items saved up.

120 Swords
    120 Bushido
    105 Necro
    120 SS
    90 Tactics
    100 Resist
    65 Med

Again a necro is very mana intense.... Try to find a good Bokuto ideal mods would be.

FC1
    Hit lightning 40 or more
    SSI 20 or more
    Hit Lower defense 40 or more
    HCI 10 or more

Also try out the special on the bokuto called Fient if you are not familiar with it you will fall in love... A lot of people over look it and don't understand how good it is. It will save your ass when getting ganked. And pretty much make anyone trying to fight you solo useless.

I hope I was able to help you. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

Also for your stats

Run the following stats.

100 Strength (50 Ehance Potions will put you at 131Strength, 136 if you eat a rose petal of trinsic.

30 Dex ( 61 with 50 Enace Potions

125 Int( you will need the int this high for a good mana pool

I would also be a human for the jack of all trades bonus and that is 20 skill points in every skill. They points will now show up in your skill list but you do have them trust me.

Also have a player with the skill Inscriptions to craft you some teleport scrolls because the downside of your template is dismount and you will need these scroll to help you reach a safe place and mount an etherial.

21. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I help people all the time sir. You would be surprised how many people I give advice to in and out of game...

22. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Unbristle folks... Many of you have been very helpful when it comes to questions, template advice, and general Siege info. Kage and Cash included. Not every thread needs to be a "bored PvP" thread.

I enjoy these threads and pick up ideas from them all the time. I still suck, but what can you do. *shrugs*

23. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You can say hey Kage I need to learn my template better do you think you could meet me in game some time and help me out?

Then I would say sure thing man ICQ me and we can meet up!

24. archite666

archite666 Guest

Kage I got nothing for respect, infact KOC wast even who I was had in mind with my comment...Well maybe one or two but certainly not you.