1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Template Help -

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Zannette, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Zannette

Zannette Guest

I finally settled on Mystic / Mage Template for my T-Hunter

Cartography: 100
    Lockpicking: 100
    Mining: 100
    Magery: 100
    Evaluate Int. 90 + 10 from Scrapper's Compendium
    Mysticism: 120
    Focus: 120

As my account is just 3 years old, this setup still leaves me with 15 skill points short. I can drop Mining down to 95 and use +5 gloves.
    I have two questions:
    Is it possible to pull chest with Jacob's pickaxe which i can imbue with spell channeling hopefully so that i can precast recall?
    If that isn't an option, can I get away with 110 Mysticism for Lvl 6 maps or is 120/120 a must for Ancient Wyrm

I know that I can imbue +15 skill on my jewelry but i would rather keep 140 weight for something else.
    First option would be preferable since I could dig up a chest, recall and than equip different weapon and gloves before returning with Rising Colossus to clear the spawn.

Thank you for your help!!
    Z.

2. Frodo Baggins

Frodo Baggins Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Drop mining further - I have mining at 66 skill, add +5 gloves and +10 Jacob's pickaxe and you have 81 - 4 tiles is enough to find your chest. The only trouble I have finding chest is when I don't look at the map close enough. Most of the time I am standing right on top of it
    Also - you can precast during the dig and the pickaxe will leave your hand but you keep digging

3. Zannette

Zannette Guest

Well that is what i shell do.

Do you think i should raise Magery past 100 or should i just rise eval for some extra damage?

Thank you,
    Z

4. personally, i do not use eval and just rely on mysticism for all my damage. spell plague/nether bolt/eagle strike spam is efficient enough. it keeps things limited, but opens up a lot more space for skills.