1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Template Idea.. Wanting Comments

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sweeney, May 15, 2009.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

120 mage
    120 eval
    120 med
    90 tactics
    120 parry
    120 resist
    30 (?)

Only asking because I have most of these already. I'll leave you to judge what I intend with this template.

Oh and plan on running a mage weapon.

2. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Oh and the 30? is only 15 seeing as how I am but a year old.

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Can you use specials with mage weapons with no weapons skill?

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I don't know :dunce:. Magery is my main offensive idea. Weapon damage is secondary.

I've never used a weapon special in my life.

5. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

No.

The 90 Tactics would be useless to him as is.

He'd be better off with Resist or Spellweaving, as they don't require complimentary skills.

I would go with the spellweaving, summon feys, charming, self ressurecting, healing, fire field, Word of Death.

Or drop the parry and add Necromancy and Spirit Speak. Devastating combo. Necro Mage with Mage weapon bow.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Just wondering about the tactics.

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

If tactics is no good (although I would like moderate melee damage but can reconsider it), then what other skill would fit? Spellweaving would be another casting skill (can work it if recommended).. bush maybe?

8. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

you cant use weapon specials unless you have tactics plus a weapon skill. Mage weapons dont count as a weapon skill. Now you can use things like deathstrike with mage weapons and no real weapon skill.
    Here is the temp i will using on BoBo shortly
    120 ninja
    120 mage
    120 eval
    100 hide
    80 stealth
    100 scribe or resist (no sure yet)
    80 med

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I am no template guru... I have all but given up on PvP. Deco, RP and maybe bods(in the future) and some community support is all I am good for.

10. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I was considering a mage/offense template, but if there's no way that can work, I can easily (actually easier-ly) switch to a stealth/ninja/mage. In fact I'll have that template ready as soon as my med is finished.

11. Blindside

Blindside Guest

120 magery
    120 eval
    120 resist
    120 med
    120 tactics
    120 weapon skill

????

12. archite666

archite666 Guest

Keep in mind ninja mage is only possible with faction arties and its heavy, really heavy...

Keening runs like 100k in silver worth of faction items from jewels alone your looking at 45k silver minimum just from the jewels.

Parry mage is a nice easy template to run. parry wrestling is good and cheap.

13. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

PvP may be in my future.. but right now I am tired of only being able to prey upon helpless crafters (the current population of siege means these are very rarely found). I haven't had a murder count in months and I feel a strange twitching inside me.

Right now I am mainly considering a semi-PvP (able to to handle the WAR with practice, and any semi-equipped PvMer I meet), and able to do some PvM when I am bored, template. Lately I have been very very very bored with the lack of thief marks. :(

I'll wait until a I get a few more soulstones to seriously consider PvP. I am poor.

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

This may be a newbie question.. but is wrestling even worth it? Considering weapons can have 45% DI, 50% hitspell.. honestly I don't see the point in training it unless I plan on bullying crafters. Is it usefull at all in semi-PvP?

15. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

BoBo is nub allowed tu hav meeb template !!!!!!! get off oomie!!!!

16. archite666

archite666 Guest

It is most indeed worth it for a mage, especially a parry mage.

Yes weapons can have those mods, but youd have to bless a spell channing no pen weapon AND use that weapon skill AND use tactics if you want anything out of it.

Wrestlings special moves dont require tactics. Also with wrestling you can wield a spellbook in that hand that has some great mods (even a blessed 10 dci book if you got one)

Some people prefer 100 anatomy (see anatomy +eval formula), with faction arties and parry (needs 80 dex) I prefer wrestling as you will be swinging fast and have some hit chance even if you dont mean to.

also you can never be disarmed, which is a very common tactic for dexxers these days.