1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Necromancy] Template in Progress

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by 4th3ist, Jan 11, 2009.

1. 4th3ist

4th3ist Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Due to a number of reasons such as lacking the funds for powerscrolls, I'm interested in doing a necro/mage template 7x. I'm curious as to what you all think of it. I plan mostly to use it for PvM but I think it will have reasonable effectiveness in PvP as well.

100 Mage
    100 Med
    100 Eval
    100 Necro
    100 Spirit
    100 Inscription
    100 Poisoning

I thought about switching Poisoning for a number of various skills but I have always liked the ability to cast greater poison. I will probably soul resist/wrestling for Poisoning on the occassion but this is where I think the template will sit. Thoughts?

2. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

I think this will make an awesome spawn template and you will have a lot of fun using necro + poison fields. Very effective against spawns.

I recommend keeping Scribe off and getting Wrestling. You will be able to hold any spellbook while keeping full weapon skill, allowing effective usage of slayers, scrappers, or invasion spellbooks without getting interrupted.woot.

good luck and have fun. :D

3. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Looks good for PvM, personally for PvP I have always thought Magic Resist a must, once when your opponent figures out you have none their going to make you regret it real quick, can work around it but you probably will miss it.

4. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

PvP = ineffective

PvM = decent

You're not going to be casting a lot of the commonly used spells at 100%, and for strictly PvM I'd rather work spellweaving in there than poisoning.

5. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have to agree with others. Without resist you will have trouble. Mages will figure it out fast...or should anyways. I recommend squeezing in what +necro skill items you can to drop necro and still keep it at the level you want. Squeeze the other skill points into Eval to help boost your magery damage.

110's aren't as expensive as they used to be and if you shop around you can find a deal. You don't have to break the bank in order to aquire those. It also means you don't have to spend weeks farming just to have the necessary funds in the event that you aren't in a guild that does champs.

Inscription is nice to have around, but honestly I would stone it. When you need to make spellbooks you can swap it out. Wrestling or resist would be much more suitable and pay off in the longrun more effectively.

Inscription can be easily compensated with a good spellbook. Yeah there is the neat inscription trick you get with resists and even having protection on when needed, but in the end it is not worth it.

Another template setup perhaps, but not with this template. I wouldn't recommend it.