1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

template question....

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by jan333333, Jan 25, 2009.

1. jan333333

jan333333 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

i am an old player coming back and i need some advice for my fishermans template
    now he has: fishing=100
    archery=86 ish => 110
    tactics =87+
    healing=84+
    resist =102+
    hiding=starting
    item id?=starting
    chivalry=74
    anatomy=94+
    thats alot of skills to many in fact:)
    i was thinking to go for= fishing,archery,tactics,anatomy,chiv,hiding,focus
    but i will have to lower resist,healing.....
    any advice would be welcome i am trying to get to be able to solo green nets
    also i had a macro for fishing back then,all i had to do while sailing was hit the macro button but i dont remember how i did that :) it was with uoa
    thx in advance

2. Santos

Santos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My fisherman is similar:

Fishing
    Archery
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Chivalry
    Resist

I can take a Kraken (from Buc's den) and anything else I have run into.

3. Destiny<3

Destiny<3 Guest

Mine is similiar as well, but I added Bushido, it is a quite nice addition, and eventually I'll get it to bring a hiyru with me so I am going to try to solo a white net, probably wont be able to though :) I can take 3 krakens at once easily with enemy of one and bushido spells :)

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jan, there is no need for Item ID - that skill ceased to have a purpose 6 years ago with AoS.

Focus can be done without if you get a few pieces of mana regeneration armor, as divine fury (Chiv spell) will replenish your stamina.

You could probably go

Archery 110 (or higher)
    Resist 110 (or higher)
    Anatomy 100
    Tactics 100
    Fishing 100
    Healing 100
    Chivalry 80

Depending on the age of the account you will have up to 20 more points to spend, not counting points from equipment (though for weapon special moves you want to keep Archery & Tactics at least 90 real skill).

And besides skill jewelry, there are a number of items that could get many of your skills 110, if not 120, if you use the powerscrolls, that aren't all that expensive.

5. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Fishing 100
    archery 110 ( snake or serp slayer bow)
    100 tactics
    100 anat
    100 healing
    100 RS
    100 chiv

Fast simple fisherman...can sleep through green nets solo. As far as your macro...you want to play with the targeting....target area...relative ( or something like that!)

6. jan333333

jan333333 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

thx alot all for the reply's guys :)
    that helped me take a decision:

archery:110
    resist:110
    anatomy:100
    tactics:100
    fishing:100
    healing:100
    chivalry:100

7. jan333333

jan333333 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

is fishing still woth to have i remember fishing tons o crap ;)

8. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Fish 105 (goal 120)
    Magery 80 (110) jewels
    Med 110 (will lower to 105 as I train Fish 120)
    Mystic 70 (100) jewels
    Focus 100
    Hide 100
    Stealth 50 (88) Jewels & +10 cloak
    Necro 40 (55) Book & Bloodwood Spirit
    SS 40 (50) Bloodwood Spirit

Mystic/Focus gives me Offense spells, so no need to waste 100+ on Eval, while the Magery gives me Defense, Summons and Gate.

The Necro/SS allows me to summon a 2-legged packie Horde Minion, who automatically picks up any fish that drop on deck when I am overweight.

Generally I summon a Fire Elie to guard me, or if net casting, I bring my pet vollem (from crysta1) and summon an Earth Elie. Face it, a Fisher doesnt run into too much danger - you can alwas sail away if 3 gian squids spawn at same time:)

Suit is 70's (85 Phys for Protect) , LRC 108, + mana and HP. Just need to survive first attack then sic Summons.

Hide/stealth for Fel and dungeon journeys for Rare Fish...

9. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, my template is nothing like all yours:
    Fencing: 110
    Resist: 120
    Focus: 120
    Mysticism: 120
    Magery: 115
    Fishing: 105

I can fish any place, including the Kraken pond at Wind with success. My suit is imbued to max mana regen, mana increase, and resists.

When a couple of sea monsters appear at the first cast of my ten cast macro, I just let the macro complete before taking out the serpents. Krackens and other spawn in the dungeons are handled by my summoned colossus or elementals while I fish the location dry.

The fencing could be replaced by something else, but I keep it so when I get bored fishing in the abyss, I can take on some of the spawn for awhile.