1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Templates

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Santos, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Santos

Santos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I think I've decided on how I'm going to run my character. I have a short attention span so I'm going to go ahead and get a bunch of soul stones so I can be a bit more flexible. I'm just looking for some feedback from the community on these combo's. Everything is different on Siege and what works on Pacific, doesn't necessarily work here. I also realize that different things work for different people. I intend to at least try these out unless someone points out an obvious problem.

These skills would never change:
    120 Magery
    120 Eval
    100 Hiding
    90 Stealth
    90 Ninjitsu

This will leave me with 200 points that I can swap in and out depending on situation.

Thief - I'm most looking forward to this, I've already finished the skills
    100 stealing
    100 snooping

Focused Mage - Decent for defending myself/PvP?
    100 Med
    100 Scribe

Mystic Mage - PvM temp, will the lack of meditation hurt me here?
    100 Myst
    100 Focus

#1 Santos, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

1. Drop stealth to 75
    2. Put points in stealing
    3. ???
    4. Profit

3. Santos

Santos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I thought 80 was the magic number for stealth. I honestly didn't think about using the extra stealth points to increase the skills I swap in and out. I wanted 90 Ninja for no fail shadow jump. I suck at PvP so anything that will help me escape is good.

4. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It's 75 and with no passive detect on Siege the extra 15 points will do you better in any other skill.

5. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i run 80 stealth and 80 hiding

6. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

what you plan on doing? pvm pvp or mix
    personally the Bo hates that template. magery with no resist is always a dangerous way to go. Bo doesnt think that there are that many pks out there that would require you to load up on such a defensive template. Also you plan on using a -mage weapon since you have no passive defense in that template? So you will need your jewels to have +magery on them all.

7. Santos

Santos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I mostly PvM but am not opposed to dabbling in PvP. The stealing would definitely be PvP. I've thought about wrestling and resist (especially resist) but want to try going the mage weapon route. If that doesn't work I can go Meditation/wrestling on the focused mage template.

#7 Santos, Nov 17, 2012
  8. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You'll have to drop the ninjitsu to be a focused mage.

Lack of med in the mysticism template won't be as big of an issue in field fights but will not do you well for 1v1. For PvM you'll run out of mana more often but its still manageable.

Wrestling is good for thieves as you can disarm their weapon. If they didn't siege bless their weapon you can set their weapon to last target, disarm them and steal last target.

Everyone has an opinion on how much stealth you need, do what works best for you.

Focused mage would very likely need Med so your idea of going with wrestle/med on that is good. Having wrestle is nice because you can use your Siege Bless on something other than your mage weapon.

I am with Bo about needed Resist on your casting pvp templates.

#8 Podolak, Nov 17, 2012
  9. Santos

Santos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What's the best way to train wrestling? It appears they have shut off the ability to use the fighters in the Jhelom pit.

10. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Advanced training dummy to 60. 60-70 you could fight lizardmen and get spined leather too. After that its pretty easy to get an RoT gain off random stuff within your skill level. If you want to train without leaving your house you could log in, hit a golem and then invis. Repeat every 5 minutes, 8 minutes, 12 minutes, 15 minutes, etc.