1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tents Still Standing

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DVDA, Aug 23, 2009.

1. DVDA

DVDA Guest

So I decided to walk, run and sail thru all of Felucca to Reminisce about the old days on Pacific...

I came across the famous (very improperly placed) floating sea tower, the small house inside the guard area in Yew and the only Tower placed in Bucc's Den (Also very improperly placed) and it got me thinking...

Do any Shards still have tents owned by players that havent been deeded or collapsed?

2. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Now this is a feature i would love to see back in game, hell i'd even give up one of my houses if i could place a little tent. For RP purposes i'd love to see tents again so we can set up little barracks while invading or at wars we could have M.A.S.H. centre's at the edge of battle zones.

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

No, aside from the gypsy tents outside Minoc which are part of the map, player owned tents were ALL turned back into non-functional deeds, and I believe later those deeds tended to change into something else that people have to be VERY careful to prevent from happening.

Personally, the tents IMO were no great loss... I remember them well and never liked them.

4. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

God, i'd love to see tents again lol

5. Zippididooda

Zippididooda Guest

any small houses on towers left?

6. DVDA

DVDA Guest

LoL i completely forgot about this, I dont remember the last time i saw this...

My question would be...what whould happen if the tower fell would the house fall to the ground or get stuck in the air floating, like a water through does lol

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Oh yeah, hehe.

I haven't wandered by them lately on Sonoma, but I think there are some left.

8. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

On Napa I think there is one or two old towers with the front door blocked by smalls. I suspect this is the case for a few shards.

9. DVDA

DVDA Guest

I have the same problem but only in Trammel and on Pacific....

Since October 2000 I have had my Villa on Dagger Island (Ice Land for some of you) and last year some <expletive deleted> placed a house next to mine (and a little lower) then made it 5 stories (or 4 I cant tell)

Well now I cant see my front door, my steps & my patio, THANKS customizable housing!

I cant move my villa over because its grandfathered.

10. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yup. I had an awesome vendor tent once, and I remember when it happened. I miss tents. I think people with the camping skill should be able to set them up, so they can have a secure chest and campfire out in the wilderness for a short period of time.

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I would love to see tents availible in some form or fashion on Siege.

12. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

It would give camping a spawn a whole new meaning.