1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Ter Mur Census - July 19, 2012

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008
    I have been kind of stalling on doing this census, because I had a feeling it was going to be depressing. It was. However, I think it's important to post the information (and the New Magincia census information) so people who only play on the busier shards, like Atlantic, realize just how much the population has dropped on other shards. I really hope that things pick up as we approach the 15th Anniversary!

You can find the census results here: Welcome to Google Docs. The legend explaining the colors I used and a map showing the locations of the houses is on the second sheet of the spreedsheet.

There are 27 available house lots in Ter Mur. You must have sufficient loyalty to the Gargoyle Queen to place a house on one of these lots. As of today, only three shards had every lot in Ter Mur occupied. The other 24 shards all have at least one vacant lot, and there are two shards that have NO houses or even empty foundation plots in Ter Mur.

Here is a list of the shards in descending order by the number of empty lots:

27 Arirang
    27 Balhae
    25 Formosa
    24 Origin
    20 Oceania
    21 Drachenfels
    21 Lake Austin
    19 Baja
    19 Napa Valley
    19 Sonoma
    18 Legends
    17 Mugen
    15 Siege Perilous
    12 Chesapeake
    10 Catskills
    10 Lake Superior
    10 Pacific
    9 Europa
    7 Izumo
    6 Mizuho
    6 Wakoku
    3 Sakura
    2 Great Lakes
    1 Asuka
    0 Atlantic
    0 Hokuto
    0 Yamato

Sixteen shards out of 27 still had some stocked vendors at player houses in Ter Mur. Note: I was very, very generous in counting "stocked vendors." If I could find anything for sale that wasn't obviously meant to be a display item, I counted the vendor. (I did count vendors selling shop runes.) I did not count vendors that were loaded up with BOD books where it appeared none were for sale, or that were full of empty containers or full of various types of books marked "not for sale."

Here is a list of the shards in descending order by the number of stocked vendors at the player houses in Ter Mur:

67 Sakura
    56 Asuka
    39 Atlantic
    29 Yamato
    22 Hokuto
    20 Izumo
    17 Mizuho
    15 Pacific
    7 Wakoku
    3 Great Lakes
    3 Napa Valley
    2 Europa
    2 Lake Austin
    1 Baja
    1 Lake Superior
    1 Legends
    0 Arirang
    0 Balhae
    0 Catskills
    0 Chesapeake
    0 Drachenfels
    0 Formosa
    0 Mugen
    0 Oceania
    0 Origin
    0 Siege Perilous
    0 Sonoma
    kRUXCg7, Shelleybean, Apetul and 5 others like this.
  2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    Nice info, I just gave up a Ter-Mur spot this year and my main reason was to have vendors (worked well while I had the time) so i moved to Zento with that account!
  3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Worth bearing in mind the people who had those houses weren't new players, they moved from older lands. Most found, as Storm has already said, vendors didn't work too well there, or just felt too remote, and simply moved back to where they were before. They haven't necessarily left the game.
  4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
    Well GL's has always had people living there.... just you never see them and at one point some had good vendors but left.

At one point wanted a house there but there was never an available plot really.
  5. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 20, 2006
    I watched many move in only to move out due to the traffic disapearing for selling anything. Many on Atlantic! I do know a few friends on other shards who found doing vendors there was slow and costly so moved back to luna or zento spots they have and drop that account off the billing. Its sad in a way. I was surprised that many shards in fel the New Mag plots are totaly devoid of homes.... But I do haveto chaulk that up to the house limits... Look you all cry that if it was opened alot of people would drop acounts but think of how many might pick up a second house and play their old shard if they could have that 2nd plot to go play on.... Unless UO can get a fast influx of new blood... I see this getting only worse as players move to Atlantic or a more populated shard or worse yet in fustration packing up their homes and leaving for good...
  6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
    I won't be moving to Atl. My home is GL's and I'll remain on GL's unless by some fluke UO decides to create a truly RP oriented and supported shard. Otherwise I don't care what is on another shard if it ain't GL's I have zero interest. I'm not moving 8 or 9 accounts worth of stuff to any shard.
  7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Apr 12, 2001
    On Siege vendors do best near a guard zone and do best if other vendors are near. Even when some may think New Magincia is against the spirit of Siege, we love the town and so do the vendors.
    Next after NEW Magincia, Zento is our favorite town for vendors.
  8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Freja - at least two houses in Ter Mer are inside the guard zone, unless the zone is a LOT smaller on SP. In my house on LA, which isn't even the closest house to the gate, I'm in the guard zone until I step outside my house. In fact, the aforementioned 2 Ter Mur vendors on LA are probably my spare BOD vendors (were 4 but forgot to pay them), unless they've dropped in the last week.
  9. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Campaign Supporter

Nov 4, 2011
    I love my plot there, right west from the gate. It's a pity that it's not always accessible for new or returning players, as you need SA to get to Ter Mur, or I'd stock my vendor with starting gear as well.
  10. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
    I never did try to place at Ter Mur, I was firmly settled in Zento. So I imagine those who placed did so in hope of their plots being worth selling, then when they weren't they just let them decay and stayed where they live elsewhere.