1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Test Center PVP

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

So I recently decided to make a good char on Test and PVP a bit. My main goal was to test a new template I wanted to use on my home shard but it lead me to realize a few things.

First off I never took PVP on test seriously enough to really participate in it. This was a mistake as I am now figuring out. To me test has become the best place to practice. Why? well because when everyone has the absolute best gear you can really see who is good and who is not. It comes right down to who can use the template they have and who can not. So when you know what you are doing it is easy to take on a group and come out on top. You can't blame it on the fact the other guy has better gear if you lose and so on.

Yes you will still see cheaters and you will still see gimps and gankers. But I still feel that if you really want to learn a template and get good with it that is the place to do it. Some people may disagree and I would love to hear why because that was the purpose of the thread. To hear what other people think of test and why it may be a good or bad place to learn PVP on a given template.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

The problem is the people who learn PVP on Test Center usually stay on Test Center.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I dont know ... I went to test to learn PvP - both times I learned it (shortly after AoS and 1.5 yrs ago when I came back) and I found it quite useful to help wear off the "omg omg" of it. Once I was comfortable in what I was doing, I went back "home".

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been wanting to try some PvP, but I don't have the resources to make a character on my home shard. Maybe this would be a good way for me to try it out.

I'd have to find someone kind enough to help a *total* newb to PvP though...I know nothing, hehe.

5. test is a good place to learn to pvp/ i learned my posion fencing template on test then went back to LS and have been doing very well with it so far. the nice thing about test also it shows your death to kill ratio so you know someone with 200 kills to no deaths is either really good has lots of freinds or hacks so you kinda know if it is worth your time before you even attack someone there. does take some fun out of it as you know more about your opponet then in the other shards but is a good time either way

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Too many horror stories from/about TC. Test Center is not really useful for us from Siege, PvP wise. *nods*

7. Elric_Soban

Elric_Soban Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How do you test a template on TC when the people you're fighting change their template in the middle of the fight?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

test can be useful for trying out new templates. or just trying out pvp... but don't think of it as "real pvp". it's not really indicative of what proper shards are like.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

test can be useful for trying out new templates. or just trying out pvp... but don't think of it as "real pvp". it's not really indicative of what proper shards are like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that is pretty much my thought its a great place to try out a new template and get used to it before investing in the gear on your home shard. Like a try it before you buy it deal and if you end up not liking the template or just suck at using it you can wait for the test center reset to try something new [​IMG] at any rate I think if anyone wants to try pvp for the first time without spending the money up front and risking anything test is the palce to be then if you really like pvp you can set up a character on your home shard and have an idea what your getting into.

About the changing templates in the middle of a fight well you can still test YOUR template even if it is against a multi template test center abuser lol. You still get a great feel for what your character can and can't do and you can get used to macros and so on. It does still suck that people try to change the template in the middle of the fight to win lol shows how poorly they can pvp though. I often kill a person who tries this during the time it takes them to swap skills though.