1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Test Shard Copy of Siege Perilous

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tina Small, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Because you can't copy characters from Siege Perilous to the normal Test Center shard(s), people who play on Siege Perilous are excluded from certain events that take place on TC, such as the inter-shard treasure hunting competitions.

Supreem told me last year when the arena test shard was operational that there are too many obstacles to make it feasible to allow characters from Siege or Mugen to be copied to Test. So, as an alternative to that, I'd like to suggest that perhaps the dev team can periodically copy Siege and make the copied shard a "test" shard where you can use the normal test center commands found here:
    UO Stratics *New* | Test Center

Just an idea to kick around a bit and see what people think. What are the pro's and con's, if EM Aurora is able to get an answer from the dev team that it's doable?

Tjalle likes this.
  2. EM Aurora

EM Aurora Journeyman

I will definitely bring this up and see what is involved in a temporary Siege shard from time to time outside of TC1. I don't know that I would like a permanent one because it may effect the real Siege's population but absolutely would love to give players an opportunity to test Siege out a bit. Perhaps we can do some events there with veteran Siege players hosting work shops to educate others on the Siege mindset where new comers can suit up easier before deciding on a transfer?

Lots of great thoughts today at the meet and greet. This was one of them :)

3. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This would be an amazing idea to get people to try Siege out and then make a committed move over.