1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Under Review Text stuck / remains in reply box.

Discussion in 'Stratics Bug Reports' started by Smoot, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

when i type a reply my text is still in the reply box. it makes it extremely difficult / tedious to when multiple replies have been posted in thread. any plans to fix this?

Ron Bron likes this.
  2. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

It's really annoying. I delete the text in leftover replies (what I call "ghost posts") after making my post successfully.

3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I'll look into it, I agree it is rather annoying.

Captn Norrington likes this.
  4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I'm going to move this thread to the Stratics Bug Reports Forum so it won't get lost in the clutter.

5. Nexus

Nexus Site Support

Just an update on this, this problem is known and should be cleared out as soon as an update is available from one the 3rd party developers we're using.

Riyana likes this.
  6. Scott

Scott Certifiable
    Professional Alumni Campaign Benefactor

Awesome, sounds good! I hate typing this, watching it post, then watching it still sit in my reply box! Glad I'm not the only one struggling with it!

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Ok I don't know what's going on at Stratics of late but it's driving me insane. I don't know if I'm alone or what but I just can't take much more.

Everytime I quote a post or make a reply it posts and it also stays down in the freaking bottom as if I didn't do it yet or it didn't post... I'm guessing this is why some folk make duplicate posts... but then when I come back to the thread and want to reply again I have to remember to scroll down to the bottom and delete all that **** or risk duplicating my post AGAIN and adding to it a new quote and reply... this is EXTREMELY annoying.

Also sometimes when I'm trying to quote and reply after doing all that deleting going back up finding the post i wanted to reply to quoting it and making my message I hit post and it just sits there doing nothing but that little box in the upper right is doing the little rectangles over and over and over and over.... for ages on end I then can't seem to refresh the page leave Stratics or anything until I just say F it and close the browser and restart..... then I can't get back into Stratics for 5 min or more. By that time I honestly don't give a rats anymore.

This is seriously uncool when you want to help someone with a problem and you can't make a freaking post to save your life. The annoyances are starting to really get to me.

If it helps I use Firefox with adblock and No script. Though just for you I've turned my adblock off on these pages though I'm starting to reconsider that decision.

Odin of LS and whiterabbit like this.
  8. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Adventurer

You could always stop posting :)

PurplePotion and drcossack like this.
  9. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've never been a fan of illeism but if thats what your going for, I agree completely ;).

10. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Governor Campaign Patron UWF

The old quotation system that had some of the coding lingo in there was a bit easier to use.

Captn Norrington and DJAd like this.
  11. WhiteWitch

WhiteWitch Journeyman

I use IE and don't use adblock plus and its the same for me

12. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

Hi guys.

We are aware of this issue, and I for one agree it is rather irritating. There is a Stratics bug report here. I'm going to leave this post here in UHall so people who may not venture far from this forum can see, but for future reference, posts in the Stratics Bug Reports forum are much more likely to be quickly seen by @Ron Bron and the administrators. It is a known issue and is being looked into. Thanks!

Ron Bron and Captn Norrington like this.
  13. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

14. Nexus

Nexus Site Support

We're already aware of this and have are waiting on an update from the developer of one of the plugins we use on the site that is causing this to happen.

I'm going to merge this thread with the existing thread on this topic.

15. Nexus

Nexus Site Support

I installed an update that should correct this issue, can anyone else verify that they are no longer having text remaining stuck?

16. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

The text in my messages still gets stuck the same way as before.

17. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Seven or eight reply tries and can't get the cursor out of the reply area at all today. A few attempts before the cursor will come out of the quote area is just annoying, not being able to get it out after this many tries is just ridiculous. Fix this damn forum so it damn well works! :rant2:

18. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Before you go to reply sometimes i have to go down to this blank space at the bottom and delete everything here first before I try to reply...... I am hoping that this BS gets fixed come Monday the 30th.

If you haven't noticed Stratics says it'll be down from some patching and such for awhile on Monday. Lets hope that does it.

19. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have both those problems =(

20. Nexus

Nexus Site Support

We're still waiting on the update to come in. For now we're going to disable the Advanced Editor for all non-staff members to at least attempt to give you guys some peace of mind until we do get the fix in place and can test it.

#20 Nexus, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Captn Norrington likes this.