1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thank the Person who brought you to Siege Perilous!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Amaranthine Embrace, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Amaranthine Embrace

I was think after yesterdays post.I never had the chance to thank the one guy that was responsible for all the joys, anger and fun I had on SP, So here it is Formally .

Thank you so much Manfred from Faithless for bringing me from Sonoma and finding out what real fun is in a game.

I will never forget finding my way from that super crowded Brit over to Skrara to cross over on the boat and see you sitting mounted on a Mare?with that Damn evil hued Blessed deer Mask, You were red and so majestic ,scary looking. I actually came to coax you Back to Sonoma and I really never went back ...how funny.

All I know was I loved coming home from work and logging on. I stopped watching T.V, ignored roommates,stopped cooking great meals lost weight, kinda stopped dating Hey! maybe I aught to throttle you!

No Honestly it was so much fun. I met a Man named Zaa and he took me to a land of murder :)

John Connelly, Blaeke and kelmo like this.
  2. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yay for thanking someone who probably will never read about it.

3. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you, me. You were spectacular!

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Memories, I sure miss Manfred from Faithless and the rest of his guild, they was a great add to Siege.
    I remember they made this little song about Siege, http://frejasp.dk/Doc/Faithless.mp3

#4 FrejaSP, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    Amaranthine Embrace likes this.
  5. Amaranthine Embrace

Freja, you are what was great about old Siege, I adore and I am glad you remember him and them :) For some reason the song reminded me of Silvia Nightwind , Do you remember that person? I bet you do.

#5 Amaranthine Embrace, Apr 30, 2013
  6. Amaranthine Embrace

Rumpy no matter how old you grow you will always remain the same.

Colgarra, Rumpy and kelmo like this.
  7. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

No sorry, I don't remember Silvia Nightwind

Edited

I can see in my journals, I did see Silvia Nightwind a few times, when Faithless showed up but I did only speak a little with her a single time.

#7 FrejaSP, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Thank you Freja and Rico. Thanks to that crew from Ianstorm that come over with me.

9. Amaranthine Embrace

I am surprised you are such a wealth of information. I think if anyone was to ever write a "fair account of the Lore of SP" it could only come from you.You are one of the very few who never seem to have a axe to grind . You only wanted to play and have others play.Only wanted the server to grow.Even when it seemed others were bound and determined to drive others away from Siege.

You are a very interesting lady. Maybe some day we can sit and talk.

#9 Amaranthine Embrace, Apr 30, 2013
    Rieley likes this.
  10. Amaranthine Embrace

That's the spirit Kelmo. Good on you.

11. Mithrandir Stormcrow

I thank my cousins Missy & Dagger for showing me UO and starting me off in Siege Perilous in late 2000 early 2001.

#11 Mithrandir Stormcrow, Apr 30, 2013
  12. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

Good to know I'll be young forever! Excuse me for stating the obvious.

Vinyard likes this.
  13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Stop trolling the thread Rumpy.

Blaeke likes this.
  14. Blaeke

Blaeke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have to thank Thyrm from TheMercs for introducing me to UO Beta. This game blew my mind at that time.

I have to thank my mom for introducing me to Petrafyde's posts on the delights and challenges of playing on Siege as I had become quite bored with the prodo-shards.

Amaranthine Embrace and kelmo like this.
  15. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I am like Uvtha, I brought myself over in 2000 when my "young" status wore off. I remember saying "What is this Siege Perilous Shard, that wasn't there yesterday" I wasn't very outgoing back then, I just tried to stay alive long enough to get my wool and lumber back to the bank and barely talked to anyone lol.

16. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

I like how my very informative gets removed for stating the truth. Thanks certain mod. Your a perfect example of doing your duties and proving me right.

I ask you again Amaranthine Embrace - Who were your characters during your stay on Siege? I took a 7-8 yr long break from UO and don't recall your Stratics name.

17. Amaranthine Embrace

Suffice it to say if I told you, I would have to kill you IRL. :) But I am sure I was before your time or mostly before your time.I might I have caught your early days. You were in MLP? maybe.

18. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

I was not in MLP, but I played before Pikachu/Antioch created that guild with TC and Brook. I originally came with A|B from LA and then we moved into DKB those who remained. When I showed up, SUF/JD were prominent, but they all quit/left a few months after we all started.

19. FrejaSP

I have a few ideas about who you are but I'm not sure :) There is a few names I miss from that time.

20. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Rumpy, stop acting like you're so oldschool, lol. You got here when SP was already spiraling into decay. You never played the real SP.

21. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

I came here literally months after AoS. When most people still played. No one is saying anything about "oldschool". Though the era this person is mentioning is far into when Doom was big and all that jazz, so thats more recent then when I got here as I didn't start raiding Doom for a while after playing here.

You also need to remember that up until AoS, Siege was not THAT much different than the other servers.

When did you come here Ru?

#21 Rumpy, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  22. Amaranthine Embrace

Look both of you RU and RUMPY , I clearly remember both of you. I remember A/B when Akasha Brotherhood came here from that other server,Yes SP still had life at that time but already had lost many of it's population and I remember RU. I came here back in 1999 and honestly , I think that was back when Akasha was still in UDL with Mark, pretty sure Cowin may have been the only pvp tamer at the time too. But I did not make this thread for ppl to fight over it was made as a Homage to whom ever may have brought another to SP. A way of thanking them .It does not matter if they know of it or not.

One does not always have to know of a compliment for it to be so. Please do not derail this thread, thank you both for not derailing it

23. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

July 15th, 1999. (With my triumphant return occuring in 2003 :p)

Thank you, Runesabre.

FrejaSP likes this.
  24. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

No fighting going on. I was just curious when he came here to Siege. Your info above is pretty spot on.

25. Amaranthine Embrace

You Lie RUMPY you have grown up. and now the child is no more. Good on you.

26. FrejaSP

I have to thank Runesabre too as I was here from Siege was up.
    Mark joined UDL before me but I remember him from before he joined UDL, I believe he joined in year 2000, Akasha came later, he first joined UDL 2002

27. Runesabre

Runesabre Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I always smile seeing the heart of Siege Perilous beat on. It was one of the most pure creations; an idea that probably would never be entertained much less given the space to breath and live by any company nowadays. It was made out of authentic passion for the game and love of the players without regard to feasibility, rationality or performance in a corporate marketplace.

#27 Runesabre, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  28. FrejaSP

Hi Runesabre
    Good to see you. Yes Siege had been the stepchild in many years in UO but the last years had been great for us. Mesanna and her devs do care for us an have allowed players to have a house both on Siege and normal shards. They also allowed advance char and mystic char token to work on Siege.

This two changes do, that we for first time in many years are getting more players. You should come and visit us. We are still breathing and we are growing stronger now. The idea Richard Garri0tt had about building a world, where all depend of each others including murderers and thieves, works on Siege. The hate we over all the years have seen between blue vs red, non PvP'ers vs PvP'ers do not exist on Siege, there is a lot respect or others playstyles.

Most of us would have ben gone from UO many years ago, if it had not been for Siege, so we can't thank you enough for our shard. :grouphug:

Runesabre likes this.
  29. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Even though I don't play UO or Siege I would like to thank Freja for her tireless work on promoting Siege. With the new Siege changes, Freja efforts in the shark infested waters of Uhall, and with NEW2 she has done a wonderful job. :thumbsup:

30. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I am another person who was here at the beginning an this server is honestly the last vestage of true uo left. The advent of trammel was the beginning of a long history of fixing thignsthat were not broken. This shard also saw a huge influx of new players when tramhit and I am happy to say it appears that the change to housing rules are having been having a similar effect. Housing is unique to uo and it's obvious that beign unable to have a house on the home shard and here disuaded current uo players from making the jump to give this server a try. Now if we could just get rid of factions, somehow allow reds to be protected and to protect at champ spawns, and maybe give some sort of item rewards for doing the tokuno and ish champ spawns I would really be happy but I doubt it I will ever see aythign like that since it would all be shard specific.

31. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yup, SUF was the guild Markus C. and I created out of the remnants of UDL that were still here minus Freja who wanted to go her own direction when Markus decided to fold UDL on siege so we could do our recruitng outside UDL rules. We basically kept the pvp centric aspect but dropped all preense of role play. We allied up with Gara and Lothar of LoD and shortly later were joined by J-D. A|B, also led a UDL alum, became our primary adversary and was by far our strongest competetion and if I recall they also allied up with a faction of J-D who called tierselves VET which in time I believe became VmP. We also faced a huge "anti alliance" that consisted of C8V, CWS, and KSS that was a precursor to the current white council alliance. I had alot of fun with SUF/LoD/J-D

Thegirlyouloved2hate likes this.
  32. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Sloan suggested I give Siege a try while we were both Stratics Reporters.

I didn't play a prodo Shard again after that first week on Siege.

33. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

Are you referring to GAY, the guild Pika created after leaving AaA which he joined after leaving WE?

We teamed up again to form the WE/GAY alliance. lol

Thegirlyouloved2hate and FrejaSP like this.
  34. John Connelly

John Connelly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks to the devs who brought insurance to Baja encouraging me to come to Siege; and made changes such as houses in New Magincia guard zones which brought me to Rift which I am currently enjoying.

35. Screws

Screws Adventurer

Thank you, me, you always have the best ideas.

36. Heavenless

Heavenless Journeyman

I'd like to thank Mr. Ganks N. Dryloots

[​IMG]

#36 Heavenless, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  37. Lady Tia

Lady Tia Certifiable

I have to thank Tina Small from a post she made on Uhall and Kelmo! Thank you both!

38. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Dor of Sonoma brought me to Siege - or more acurately she brought Terry and I trailed along as 'support char'.

39. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

I have OSI to thank. I seem to recall LS was going through a period of severe instability (perhaps related to some duping exploit which involved creating tons of empty bottles) and rather than try to play the shard when it would just crash every hour, I started my character on Siege.

A number of us came back to LS to play factions, but that didn't last more than a few weeks before the system crumbled under OSI's inattention to problems.

But those few weeks were a lot of fun, especially for those of us in CoM who went from getting our butts kicked out of our faction stronghold to absolute rulers in the span of a week as we organized and got our act together.

40. Flair

Flair Lore Keeper
    OrderOfDrunkenElders

That lake house adventure on 4th of July weekend 2012......

41. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

shh... :eyes: What happened at the lake house...:eek:

42. Flair

Flair Lore Keeper
    OrderOfDrunkenElders

not sure exactly... but I ended up on siege after that...

#42 Flair, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013