1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Thank you for the maps and travelogues, Hawkeye!

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by aoLOLita, Oct 27, 2010.

1. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 4, 2008
    I spent a minimum of 9 hours r/t the first two days of HS release - and declined 3 quests - because I was totally lost! I tried to d/l UOCarographer, but did not have UOAssist, so I couldn't use the program. I finally figured out the plotting with world maps through trial and error, but I could not find anything on Stratics that showed city locations, that also had the city names! I thought Vesper was trinsic, and Britain was skara brae...

Finally I did a Google for UO maps and first site I opened was the Ultima Online Travelogues & Adventurer's Guide:) It shows all three: Co-ords, name, and relative location of UO cities and places of note (Serpent Pillars!).

Now I can leave my 2nd acct Cartographer at home - I was forced to pen a "local map" every 5 minutes to try to find where in the hell I was:) Ten years in game, but never learnt basic UO geography...

Thank you again for all the hard work you have put into the site! Almost makes me want to sail to Cats shard:)
  2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
    I totally repeat what you've said, I enjoy reading your stories and using your guides Hawkeye. When I read you had returned in 07 I was very pleased!

Thank you.
  3. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oct 25, 2004
    i use a sextet and stratics zoomable map.
    also sometimes i just open uoam and just mouseover areas to see the cordinates.

you are suppose to be able to run uoassist without paying for it and uoam would work but I cant get mine to work as of yet.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Down in the sub-server thread, I posted a map of the server lines as they relate to fishing quests.
  5. Just an FYI...the enhanced client has a fantastic map that has all of the cities/towns marked as well as dungeons and points of interest....zoom feature as well..has made fishing and sailing much easier for me.